Under the guidance of the Global Pricing Capabilities Manager, the position guides the regions through the creation, and implementation of pricing processes, tools, systems and analyses that align with the global approach and regional needs. They will be a business partner responsible for monitoring and interpreting the pricing performance of the regions, establishing processes for efficient and informed decision making, and coordinating timely analysis. They will regularly interact with regional experts to provide training, gather insights, and collaborate in the design and management of SHLM’s pricing infrastructure.
The Pricing Specialist will serve as the company subject-matter expert on pricing tools (e.g. – pricing analytic software, quoting system, etc.); both from a technical standpoint, but also as a consultant on recommended analyses, reports, opportunity identification, etc. to address issues and manage results.
The position provides regular opportunities to work with senior managers around the world and to directly contribute to the growth and profitability of the business.
- Lead and/or support project work with the Product Families as outlined in project charters and assigned by Global Pricing Capabilities Manager, leveraging strong knowledge of pricing principles and change management skills.
- Own and deliver on elements of key company-wide pricing infrastructure projects. Work involves research, data gathering, analysis, disciplined management to project milestones, etc.
- Implement and utilize pricing infrastructure tools to provide meaningful analytics and metrics.
- Bring improved visibility and related recommendations to leadership
- Function as the primary point of contact and administrative support for pricing-related technology systems such as pricing analytic software, quoting system, etc.
- Manage the internal pricing web site
- Contribute to global meetings and training by assisting with pre-meeting coordination, on-site logistics, and development of content plus preparatory materials
- Assist with execution of additional Global Marketing / Pricing Capabilities initiatives.
Note: Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate is a business-savvy team player who has pricing experience, solid analytical skills to understand data and processes, and strong communication skills to share their findings and motivate others to action. They must be able to build a trust-based relationship with their internal customers and act as a thought-partner to the leadership teams they support. The successful candidate is comfortable working with colleagues from various disciplines in multiple countries to create a shared vision for pricing.
- 2-4 years of experience in a related business field (e.g. – marketing, product management, sales, or finance) in a manufacturing or industrial business
- Degree in a related field (e.g. finance, marketing, economics, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to work in and with multi-cultural and multifunctional teams
- Effective project management experience.
- Comfortable navigating in an organization which includes sales, technology and operations disciplines in a matrix environment
- Experience in working with all levels within an organization and developing relationships with a variety of people
- Excellent presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills. Open minded thinker. Low-ego team player.
- Proven ability to be proactive and influence the organization in a matrix reporting structure. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Strong ability to interpret numbers, facts and figures and has the ability to reduce complexity when communicating the findings to others
- Has a structured, detail-oriented working style without losing the broader context
- Language skills: English; Spanish, German, or Mandarin is a plus
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate and work by the following competencies and behaviors:
- Open – Is always transparent in communication and dealings, both internally and externally, at all levels of the organization
- Honest – Always open and honest, does not hide problems – puts dead fish on the table; offers solutions and encourages others to do the same
- Listen – Listens to others, confirming understanding of context and emotions underlying the message, allowing them to complete their thoughts; does not make assumptions – actively listens to others by restating and reflecting back information to check for understanding and allows everyone a chance to be heard
- Accountable – Completes tasks before/on-time or notifies colleagues with an appropriate plan; anticipates problems and proactively initiates actions to resolve and use lessons learned to shape future decision-making; High sense of personal responsibility for achievement of job requirements and objectives; Keeps commitments
- Teamwork – Seeks input and shares best practices with team members and other teams; asks for and offers help when needed; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; recognizes accomplishments of other team members
- Cross-cultural Awareness – Has a global outlook; understands and appreciates issues from different cultures and countries; Effectively and easily relates to individuals from different cultures; Strong understanding of how decisions may be perceived by other countries or cultures.
- Problem Solving – Understands the business implications of recommendations and decisions; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Include appropriate people in decision-making process; Works well in group problem solving sessions; Generates practical, sustainable, and creative options to solve problems and create business opportunities