Are you looking for a new opportunity to work with a great team of people in a strong, stable, and growing company? Do you wish to put your strong pricing, analytical, and reporting skills to good use while you continue to expand and grow your knowledge and experience? If so, you may be interested in a Pricing and Analytics Specialist position with our Americas Excellence Commercial team based in New Haven, CT.
Candidates must be local to the New Haven, CT area.
What you will be doing:
As Pricing and Analytics Specialist, you will be responsible for overseeing the creation and distribution of various reports within an organization. Work closely with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze data, create meaningful insights, and communicate this information to the leadership, pricing, and sales communities. This role works hand-in-hand with the Sr. Manager, Pricing and Analytics (Americas).
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Drive Americas price realization through engagement with the Americas Price Council members, process improvements, and identified strategic initiatives
- Daily monitoring of price/quote/discount/profitability performance
- Ability to set up and conduct internal and external surveys to gather data
- Perform complex pricing, market, and comparative statistical analytics, including multi-variate regression and A/B testing
- Communicate with stakeholders regularly to understand their pricing, analytical, reporting, and needs, provide updates and respond to inquiries
- Provides training and support to the pricing community on the use of reporting tools and systems and assists in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Gather and analyze data from various sources to identify trends or patterns, and support reporting requirements
- Produce and present reports in a clear, concise, and accurate manner to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Responsible for automating the report generation processes, streamlining data collection and analysis, and improving report accuracy and consistency
- Identify opportunities for improving report quality, accuracy, and efficiency and recommend changes to processes and systems
- Creates visually appealing and effective reports and dashboards to communicate data and insights
- Ensure that all data and information used in reports are confidential, secure, and in compliance with data protection regulations
What we are looking for:
This position ensures that the reports meet the needs of the business and its stakeholders, and provides recommendations for improvements and enhancements. Other requirements will include:
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States on a full-time basis. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at this time.
- Hybrid role, candidates must be local to New Haven, CT
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in pricing and data analytics with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly responsive with a sense of urgency, and an ability to self-prioritize tasks
- Ability to autonomously set your own goals, priorities, timelines, and measure successes, all in keeping with ASSA ABLOY strategic initiatives
- Self-starter that can work under minimal supervision
- Ability to take the initiative and turn requests, suggestions, analytical findings, and process gaps/improvement needs into tangible action items (or projects)
- Strong analytical skills, and can present complex analytical concepts and results, in a simple and understandable manner to direct team members
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) with emphasis on Excel
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Business Objects, PowerBI, QlikView, or Tableau
- Experience with T-SQL is a plus
Experience with data science tools such as Python, R, or similar to extract, clean and prepare large data sets is a plus
Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and ability to quickly shift efforts to prioritize business needs
ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group:
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 50,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.