The Pricing Analyst is a member of the Accounting team and is responsible for analyzing competitor pricing matched with market expectations and determining competitive pricing strategies to gain market share and achieve revenue goals. This role will analyze data from multiple sources, develop complex pricing models, and collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to develop sales strategies.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Keys sales through company enterprise resource planning (ERP) system for sales to assigned distributors.
- Maintains all corporate account pricing, calculates all pricing adjustments, and communicates with customers and field on quarterly adjustments based on index moves spelled out in each contract. Enters all data in required format for any corporate requests for quotes (RFQs).
- Receives pricing for National and Global accounts from field LLC’s and assembles into a formatted RFQ/RFP.
- Proactively work through how we price, engage in market analysis, and make recommendations in comparison to our pricing margins.
- Tracks and reports price indexes.
- Tracks, calculates, and communicates monthly adjustments in Fuel Surcharge Programs.
- Tracks, collects, and reports indexes specifically for APM business.
- Reports PPI information on Bureau of Labor Statistics website.
- Prepares monthly report on product (E*Star) inventory levels and shot services sales numbers.
- Builds, formulates, and distributes budget templates to LLC Presidents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or a related field or equivalent combination education and experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Experience working as a pricing analyst.
- Familiarity with QlikView data query/data management tools desirable
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) System.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and research skills and a keen eye for identifying opportunity.
- Must become familiar with company products and codes.
- Advanced Excel skills and proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong technical understanding of data structures for pricing in business enterprise systems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment with the ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills in order to present information concisely to customers, employees and peers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with executives, managers, employees, customers and vendors.
- Good negotiation and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to understand metrics.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Strong reporting and presentation skills.
- Proactive team player.
- Walk, stand, sit, use hands to enter information; able to sit in front of a computer screen for long hours every day; talk and hear.