The Strategic Pricing Manager will be responsible for understanding and evaluating the current best practices followed by BD BU’s in various pricing and contracting functions. This person will collaborate with BU’s and proliferate the best practices in the area of pricing corridors, floor pricing, contract compliance, contract approval, etc.to create uniform processes across the region. The Manager will also collect, analyze, and process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on operations excellence defined as: enhanced pricing and contract management, reduced revenue leakage, increased productivity, and reduced cost.
Strategic Pricing Manager will be responsible for creating, monitoring and reporting actionable dashboards / scorecards / tools for adherence of contract terms for GPO, IDN and independent contracts. This role will collaborate with BU’s and corporate to optimize the compliance reporting processes – This includes tracking contracts which require performance measurement, analyzing the impact of non-compliance and developing and supporting policies to stem non-compliance. In addition this role will focus on driving operational excellence within various functions of sales operations.
- Responsible for managing the development, implementation and execution of the strategic contract and pricing processes to achieve the targeted prices/margins. The pricing manager will be responsible for supporting the negotiations for a number of product portfolios across multiple business units.
- Lead the setting up of pricing capabilities, focusing on value creation, and effective sales and pricing framework.
- Actively support the corporate and divisional efforts to ensure corrective measures are in place to support full compliance with contractual obligations
- Collaborate with Customer Master Data Management team to provide subject Matter Expertise regarding customer Hierarchies with GPO and IDNs
- Assist in developing and enabling training, coaching and communication strategies for contracting department and Salesforce
- Work across divisions to understand the similarities and differences to design and implement compliance strategies
- Assist in creating customer performance measurement scorecard.
- Drive operational excellence through support and coaching of projects across contracts and pricing using Lean Process Improvement principles or other related process improvement methodologies in alignment with overall organizational goals.
- Create financial models to measure profitability of contract renewals or incremental sales incentive programs.
- Create dashboards / scorecards to measure process efficiency and effectiveness improvements
Education & Experience
- BS / BA required, Finance, Marketing, Management or other related field. MBA preferred.
- At least 10+ years of experience in Pricing or Revenue management – could be inclusive of experience in Commercial Management, Finance, Marketing or Sales Operations.
- Medical Device industry strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability and experience navigating across a large matrix organization.
- Financial knowledge for P&L, profitability analysis, and margin/pricing economics decision making.
- Robust Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills, with demonstrated history of building detailed and clean excel models with high attention to detail.
Proficiency in using pricing and analytics tools like Vendavo and Qlik preferred. Knowledge of other tools useful (PROS, Oracle CPQ, Tableau, MicroStrategy).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage understand data.
- Experience developing and implementing Pricing strategies, analytic tools and influencing others and driving Change Management.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in driving pricing and contracting strategy, operations management excellence – including contract compliance, contracting strategy, contract term implementation and policy and process development.
- Experience with continuous process improvements a plus.
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast paced challenging environment and manage multiple, and oftentimes competing, priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal – and active listening skills.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and diverse team environment, across different functions and levels of management, and demonstrated sensitivity to cultural and geographical differences when interacting with others.
- Demonstrated initiative, curiosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% as necessary, mainly domestic.