KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Pricing Analyst to join the Pricing Office.
Reporting to the Pricing Manager, the role will be primarily focused on designing, developing and maintaining models for use in analyzing Company pricing performance and contract pricing opportunities.
The Pricing Analyst will also be responsible for implementing improvements in pricing by analyzing results and variances; identifying trends and supporting Pricing Office management.
- Design and develop complex analytic models for use in analyzing Company pricing performance and strategic pricing opportunities
- Provide analytical insights and implications for current and future strategic decisions
- Identify potential problem areas as well as opportunities and take necessary action to notify management when warranted
- Support Pricing Office leadership by developing presentations of analytical findings and recommendations, e.g., Executive Committee monthly updates; Directors’ meetings and CFTF meetings
- Assist with compiling and distributing regular reporting to executives
- Support Risk Management Group
- Use analytical models to price individual service contracts
- Run customer reports to show contract value
- Increases Pricing Office productivity by proposing new analytics and automating models and applications
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Travel up to 10%
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s in business, finance, statistics, accounting or similar
- Formal training in financial modeling and statistical analysis in Excel, Access and similar applications
- 1-2 plus years of work experience in analytical roles
- Ability to apply a detailed understanding of financial concepts and principles to business operations
- Ability to conceptualize & apply analytical techniques to build models for analyzing quantitative data
- In depth understanding of financial analysis and strategy; ability to test/validate analytical outputs
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels of management
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management as a self-starter and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize own work and projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work very flexible and long hours as required
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience within the KARL STORZ organization helpful
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.