KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (KST), based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KST has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Pricing Specialist to join the Pricing Office.
Reporting to the Pricing Operations Manager, this role is primarily responsible for interfacing with Sales Reps to receive, review and analyze sales quotes that are outside of normal policy together with Pricing Office management and to communicate resulting decisions back to the Sales Reps.
The Specialist will also collaborate with Field Sales, Healthcare Systems and Marketing to create and publish proposals, including RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and Bids valued from $1,000 to over $5,000,000.
The role will also be involved in other key components of implementing pricing policy including the review and administration of consumable contracts, running pricing-related management reports and generally ensuring that key Pricing Office constituents receive best-in-class service.
- Receive, review and respond in a timely manner to daily exception pricing requests according to pricing policies and procedures
- Monitor the Pricing Office exception pricing request queue and respond to exception requests
- Liaise with Sales Reps to gather information related to quote submissions and answer related questions
- Review quotes created in customized SAP quoting module and provide in-depth analysis by running historical sales reports in SAP and developing additional quote related data
- Communicate and facilitate Pricing Policies to ensure proper adherence to pricing structure/strategy
- Work with Pricing Office mgmt. to decision exception requests
- Tactfully communicate decisions and alternative proposals back to Sales Reps and reinforce pricing policies and procedures
- Provide best-in-class customer service to Reps to earn the Pricing Office a reputation of credibility and fairness
- Remain familiar with quarterly Sales Promotions and apply rules as required and applicable
- Utilize various pricing models and tools in the fact gathering process
- Collaborate with Field Sales, Healthcare Systems and Marketing to create and publish proposals, including RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and Bids valued from $1,000 to over $5,000,000.
- Create, track and manage customer consumable agreements
- Support the Pricing Office on a general day-to-day basis and on ad hoc projects as needed
- Prepare corporate communication announcements/internal memorandums
- Support annual pricing update exercises
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels in the organization
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and management as a self-starter and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize own work and projects with minimal supervision
- Prior experience navigating SAP software and working knowledge of the Intelligent Quoting System (IQS) or similar system
- Prepare and present IQS/SAP navigation training modules for a large sales focused company
- Ability to network across many departments and disciplines
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
Preferred, but not required:
- Sales quotation experience a plus
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.