KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (KST), based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KST has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies.
KARL STORZ is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Contract Operations to join the Pricing Office.
Reporting to the Director, Contracts and Revenue Management, the primary responsibility of this role is to manage the pricing and contract administration operations for all service & new purchase contracts.
- Directly oversee the day to day operations of Risk Management and Contract Administration to ensure exceptional, effective and efficient throughput of service contract request processing
- Drive implementation of new processes/capabilities in support of strategic growth plans and continuously look for ways to drive productivity and process improvements
- Evaluate current gaps in existing policies and procedures and implement corrective action plans to address operational deficiencies
- Supervise staff of 4 Service Coordinators and maximize efficiencies across the coordinators to ensure a high level of production throughput
- Actively seek out ways to better serve our customers and train staff to meet those needs
- Collaborate with other teams to iterate processes and procedures to strive for the highest possible level of quality and consistency
- Identify system enhancements to improve production output and manage those enhancements through to completion with the IT department
- Set goals and expectations for team members and hold staff accountable for successful performance
- Establish regular communication channels with relevant departments so that production issues are resolved in a timely manner and all parties are informed
- Ascertain the departmental training needs in an effort to further develop SOPs as business needs arise/change
- Report regularly on contract turnaround times, individual performance and pending issues
- Manager a team of coordinators
- Travel up to 10 percent
Our successful candidate will have excellent written and spoken English language business communication skills. They will also have demonstrated success working in a collaborative, service-oriented team environment.
Additional requirements include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 5-10 years in a high volume production environment
- Experience in reporting key production metrics
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing employees
- Bachelors degree required
- Excellent critical thinking skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with project management and process improvement
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including strong presentation skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to connect the dots and simplify complex issues into solutions
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.