The Pricing Manager will be a key player within the Financial Planning & Analysis group by participating in effective pricing strategies that retain existing business, increases profitability and gain volume. The candidate will report to the Director Margin Management and have responsibility for the implementation and tracking of pricing and promotions, along with the supporting analytics and KPI’s. The individual will also have a lead role in our bid management functions. This will include implementation of a bid calendar, analyzing prior bids and suggest new and effective pricing. The PM will also be responsible for monitoring and executing all USDA bid opportunities. Candidate must be able to develop a close working relationship with the Sales team along with the ability to engage effectively with all departments within the organization. To be considered for this position, the applicant must enjoy working in a fast paced ever changing environment. Candidate must be a highly organized team player and at the same time also capable to of working independently on assignments with minimal supervision.
(essential functions of the job) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the Pricing Director in all pricing functions.
- Optimize & drive all USDA bid opportunities
- Support recommendations and execution of sales and margin initiatives.
- Work with Finance and R&D to analyze and maximize profitable opportunities that increase sales or strategic initiatives.
- Engage and support the Sales group with the bid and pricing process.
- Continually improve pricing process to reduce quoting cycle time.
- Executional score-carding of pricing and promotions.
- Develop strategies that ensure we, and those we engage, are delivering on CPC margin objectives.
- Manage team of 3 professionals
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skill are a must.
- The ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Participant and supporter of the entire BD Group as directed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Education & Experience
Minimum Required Qualifications
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field with five plus (5+) years of progressive experience, with two plus (2+) years at the management level; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the food/beverage industry.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience with Bid Management or trade.
- Experience in report writing.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Consultative, influential, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position. This position will require considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration, effective oral and written communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills:
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, very detailed oriented, monitors own work to ensure quality, and uses feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
This position requires sufficient physical ability to work in a typical office setting; driving a motor vehicle and occasionally working in the field.
FREQUENT: sitting, upward and downward flexion of neck; fine finger dexterity and light to moderate finger pressure to include extended periods of keyboard and mouse use, side-to-side turning of neck, walking, standing, bending and stooping, pushing/pulling, twisting at waist, moderate wrist torque to twist equipment knobs and dials.
OCCASIONAL: squatting, kneeling, reach above and at shoulder height, moderate grasp to manipulate reference books and manuals; lifting objects weighing 20 – 35 lbs. from below waist to above shoulders and transporting distances up to 50 feet.
VISION: Ability to see in the normal visual range with or without correction.
HEARING: Ability to hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
This job description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of the responsibilities that are required to successfully perform in this position. Other duties as assigned are part of every job description. The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.