Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) is looking for our new Vice President Pricing.
Put your commercial savviness to good use in a global setting, with the support of 10+ people in a dedicated pricing team.
Wilhelmsen Ships Service (WSS) is a part of the Wilhelmsen Group and sells maintenance products and service to internationally trading vessels in 70+ countries, through 40+ legal entities in all corners of the world. We serve half the world’s fleet in any given year, delivering something from our wide product portfolio to ~26 000 vessels.
WSS is fundamentally a trader of high-quality products, making pricing something we need to be good at. And this in a complex setting of a global industry, with many different products, many different competitors, different customer types and multiple currencies to name a few. Following a period of intense focus on price consistency, we are now able to work more with optimizing our pricing, to make sure we give customers value for money, while at the same time optimizing the growth and profitability of WSS. Additionally, as new products, services and digital solutions are also in the making, pricing in WSS will be about a lot more than just maintenance of an existing structure.
To help us with this, we are now looking for a new Vice President Pricing to head up the pricing team/function in WSS, a rare opportunity to work in a key function in a global market leader. In addition to domain knowledge/experience from the field of pricing, we are also looking for someone with leadership and communications skills. Pricing is a topic where the stakes are high and discussions intense, and in this setting, we need someone able to build good working relationships and communicate well, even if there are tough choices to be made.
The role will be based at our headquarters at Lysaker, Norway, or alternatively in Piraeus, Greece, Singapore, or Shanghai. Some travel should be expected.
Who you will work with:
- You will report to the Vice President Finance in addition to leading the global pricing team and closely collaborating with stakeholders across the company. This includes product verticals and key members of the global and regional sales teams. This role has a dotted line to the SVP Marine Products Solutions.
What you will work on:
- Monitor the performance of the WSS strategy and pricing structure. Present recommendations to the WSS management team and product vertical responsible on required pricing strategy adjustments.
- Devise pricing strategies/mechanics for new product/service areas, including digital offerings.
- Execute in-depth pricing analysis for strategic product categories, including performance monitoring, price elasticity modelling and leakage control and make proposal to the business.
- Analyse pricing performance and share such analysis with the company’s management and other key stakeholders.
- Continuously challenge the pricing organization and strategy to integrate any change in market realities, customers’ expectations/needs and new potential competitors.
- Manage and supervise the pricing team, responsible for the day-to-day activities and guidance of his/her direct reports. Ensure that all members understand the team’s objectives.
- Develop and maintain pricing metrics and analytical tools, including investigating current system usage/functionality, enabling in-depth pricing analysis.
Monitor the implementation of new pricing policies/procedures.
- Manage the periodical price adjustments to ensure effective implementation.
- Manage annual price adjustment processes, including extra-ordinary price changes.
- Ensure consistent application of different price structures/pricing mechanics across the different WSS product verticals, to the required level of unification in the customer experience.
- Be the owner of the business requirements of pricing towards WSS IT/application team.
What we are looking for:
- Master’s Degree in finance/business/marketing
- 10+ years of relevant experience, some of it specifically within pricing/highly commercial roles
- Strong analytical/numerical aptitude
- Strong commercial mindset, willingness to “push the envelope” even in the face of internal resistance, taking calculated risks to optimize profitability vs. growth
- Experience from customer negotiations is a plus
- Management skills, ability to set priorities, agree and follow-up on deadlines
- Communications skills, ability to communicate across reporting lines, and developing solutions on complex topics
- Good command of English, written and verbal
What we offer:
- Working at Wilhelmsen offers a culture and work environment of strong leadership, career development, work-life balance and a job that is both challenging and stimulating. Our organization thrives by using modern tools and is eager to utilize the business opportunities that arise with new digital tools and skills. Beyond this, we offer a generous and bespoke benefits package tailored to your specific Wilhelmsen HUB.
Sounds interesting? If you can see yourself in this role, please let us know why you are our new Vice President Pricing. You can apply online today through our career portal by creating a ‘Candidate Home’ account. Here you can upload your resume and a motivational letter.
Work location: Lysaker, Singapore, Shanghai, Piraeus
Application deadline: 25.09.2023
Contact details: Olivia Tye-Reeve – Senior Recruitment Specialist – Olivia.Tye-Reeve@wilhelmsen.com