You’re Going To Face Pricing Challenges You’ve Never Seen Before
We don’t have to be psychic to know that you’re regularly going to run into pricing challenges and issues you’ve probably never seen before. It’s inevitable. It’s predictable. It’s just a fact of life in today’s business environment.
Wouldn’t It Be Helpful To Ask For Expert Insight?
- You’d have a “sounding board” for ideas.
That would certainly help ensure you’re not operating in an echo chamber. And an outside perspective could help you explore challenges from different angles and vet potential solutions.
- You’d be able to learn what other companies have done.
It’s unlikely that you’re the only company that has faced those challenges. Knowing what others have done under similar circumstances could help ensure you avoid some of the big mistakes.
But How Do You Actually Make That Happen?
It’s a wonderful idea in theory, with limited…and lame…options for actually making it a reality.
- Do you go out and find a consulting firm to put on retainer for thousands a month?
- Do you try and hire someone who’s faced this very same issue before so they can fix it again?
- Do you post your company’s challenges to a LinkedIn forum for the whole world to comment on?
- Do you call your competitors directly and see if they might be willing to share some tips?
It Dawned On Us…
Our in-house researchers and analysts wade neck-deep in the topic of B2B pricing as a matter of course. Our team is regularly gathering and curating best practices. Our team talks to pricing consultants, vendors, and real-world practitioners every single day. And when PricingBrew Journal subscribers ask for our perspectives and insights on specific pricing issues, our team happily provides that information.
In essence, for those subscribers who had the gumption to send in their questions, we were already providing an advisory service! So why not just formalize what we were already doing? Why not just make it a whole lot easier for any of our subscribers to access our researchers and analysts? And, why not just continue to include the advisory service as part of our “all in” subscription?
Why Not Just Let Subscribers Ask Us Their Questions?
As PricingBrew Journal subscribers, you and your team can use the Help Desk service to tap into our team of “former practitioners turned analysts and researchers.” By just filling out a simple and secure form on the subscriber portal, you can get our team’s unbiased advice and unvarnished perspectives on your specific pricing issues and challenges. And of course, all questions are handled privately and confidentially.
Some Of The Many Subscriber Questions Our Team Has Answered
- “What types of price segmentation attributes are most common among electrical distributors?”
- “How are others selling a price increase when there isn’t a clear excuse like raw material inflation to leverage?”
- What downsides should we keep in mind if we keep existing SaaS subscribers grandfathered into their current pricing levels?
- “We’re beginning to investigate pricing technologies. Which ones would be good for our specific situation?”
- “What are some effective ways to signal our pricing intentions to our competitors without crossing the line?”
- “How much leeway are services companies giving their salespeople to negotiate prices and discounts?”
- “How have others been successful at getting more budget allocated and approved for pricing tools and training?”
- “Do you have a consultant you can recommend to help as we integrate pricing capabilities following our recent merger?”
- “What are the most important skills, capabilities, and attributes for a B2B pricing analyst to possess or develop?”
- “How much are other B2B companies investing in pricing people, pricing technology, and ongoing skills development?”
- “We’re setting sales targets for next year. Is it possible to track the customer spend that we aren’t getting?”
- “What role should lifetime value play as we refresh our price segmentation model?”
- “Any tips for getting others in our company on-board with conducting more rigorous competitive analysis?”
- “What are the departmental growth paths that you’re seeing other building products pricing groups taking?”
Now, it may take us a few days to respond to each inquiry. And of course, we encourage our subscribers to search the hundreds of resources on the portal first to see if their questions have already been answered elsewhere.
But by allowing our team some time to respond (i.e. time-shifting) via email, we’re able to offer the Help Desk service as just another benefit of a PricingBrew Journal subscription. No additional fees. No “per inquiry” charges. No consulting retainers.
Think about that for a second…
To be able to pick a pricing consultant’s brain for just one hour each month, you’d have to spend between $3000 and $6600 per year. But with a PricingBrew Journal subscription, you get unlimited access to our Help Desk service for the annual price of just $599 for the first user and $125 for each additional user!
For many subscribers, access to the Help Desk service is almost priceless. But don’t forget that subscribers also get access to everything else the PricingBrew Journal has to offer—like expert interviews, our full library of step-by-step tutorials, express guides, worksheets and tools, as well as our popular webinar series feature.
Journal Subscribers Get Access to These Other Features Too…
A Searchable Library of Hundreds of Concise Guides, Tutorials, Cases, Assessments, and Research Reports
Subscribers get access to a whole library of B2B pricing best practices, tutorials, express guides, case studies, research reports, assessments, tools, and diagnostics---all curated by our team and distilled to the essentials and just a click away.
Learn from Other Practitioners Who've "Been There and Done That" Through Our Expert Interview Series
Subscribers can hear 25+ hours of in-depth interviews we've conducted (with new ones each month). Hear war stories from others in the pricing trenches. Learn about emerging best practices, the latest trends in B2B pricing, what’s worked well (and what's failed miserably).
Dozens of "Sales Free" Training Webinars and Workshops Covering Crucial B2B Pricing Topics
Subscribers get access to our entire online archive of recorded training webinars--each one is a full 60+ minutes of 100% educational content. Plus, every few weeks we hold a new subscriber-only webinar that your team members can attend and participate in live.
These Features Cover The Spectrum Of B2B Pricing Topics
- Price Segmentation & Elasticity
- Value Pricing & Negotiation
- Strategic & Competitive Pricing
- Pricing Technology & Analytics
- Customer Profitability & Growth
- New Product & Lifecycle Pricing
- Pricing Leadership & Evangelism
- Cost-to-Serve Modeling
- Sales Force Engagement
- Adoption & Change Management
- Team Structure & Career Development
- Pricing Process Management
Subscribe & Get Immediate AccessTeams big or small, we have a subscription plan that fits
Frequently asked questions
Is everything really included with the subscription?
Yes. Everything is included with your subscription—the training webinars, the expert interviews, the tutorials, guides, and tools, as well as our unique Pricing Help Desk service. And, of course, you'll get access to all of the new resources that are being added on a regular basis.