Avoiding Three Costly Price Segmentation Mistakes
Learn About Three Common Mistakes That Can Weaken the Foundation of Your Pricing Efforts
Price segmentation is undoubtedly the cornerstone of any successful pricing program. But the concept is new for many companies and as a result, many companies end up making costly mistakes that put their whole program in jeopardy. In this diagnostic, you'll learn:
- Why it's so common for companies to use existing segmentation models that aren't effective for more profitable pricing.
- The two problems that occur when your segmentation model doesn't reflect the true price granularity of your business.
- Why statistical segmentation analysis is so much better than intuition---and how it's easier than you might think.
- How to get over the organizational hurdles to creating a new model when your current one isn't as effective as it could be.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
Spotlight on the B2B Pricing Organization
This report, based on our PricingPulse research, shines more light on the composition, perspectives, and priorities of dedicated pricing groups in leading B2B companies.View This Research
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
It's best to present a well-rounded set of criteria upon which customers can base a buying decision. In this guide, you'll learn about five dimensions of value with over 50 potential value-drivers that can influence buying decisions.View This Diagnostic
Profitable Pricing Enablement
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the new "best practice" of leveraging data and technology to distribute pricing authority and control, without sacrificing improved pricing performance.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges