Avoiding Three Costly Price Segmentation Mistakes
Learn About Three Common Mistakes That Can Weaken the Foundation of Your Pricing Efforts
Price segmentation is undoubtedly the cornerstone of any successful pricing program. But the concept is new for many companies and as a result, many companies end up making costly mistakes that put their whole program in jeopardy. In this diagnostic, you'll learn:
- Why it's so common for companies to use existing segmentation models that aren't effective for more profitable pricing.
- The two problems that occur when your segmentation model doesn't reflect the true price granularity of your business.
- Why statistical segmentation analysis is so much better than intuition---and how it's easier than you might think.
- How to get over the organizational hurdles to creating a new model when your current one isn't as effective as it could be.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
Visual Aids for Explaining Price Segmentation
Use this example visual presentation to inspire and aid your efforts in explaining the concepts of price segmentation to others inside your organization.View This Tool
Spotlight on the B2B Pricing Organization
This report, based on our PricingPulse research, shines more light on the composition, perspectives, and priorities of dedicated pricing groups in leading B2B companies.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges