Avoiding Three Costly Price Segmentation Mistakes
Learn About Three Common Mistakes That Can Weaken the Foundation of Your Pricing Efforts
Price segmentation is undoubtedly the cornerstone of any successful pricing program. But the concept is new for many companies and as a result, many companies end up making costly mistakes that put their whole program in jeopardy. In this diagnostic, you'll learn:
- Why it's so common for companies to use existing segmentation models that aren't effective for more profitable pricing.
- The two problems that occur when your segmentation model doesn't reflect the true price granularity of your business.
- Why statistical segmentation analysis is so much better than intuition---and how it's easier than you might think.
- How to get over the organizational hurdles to creating a new model when your current one isn't as effective as it could be.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
Revamping Sales Comp to Improve Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the pros and cons of various approaches for infusing pricing performance into your sales compensation plan to reduce unnecessary discounting and boost profitability.View This Webinar
Using Pricing Analysis to Drive More Growth
Pricing analysis capabilities are usually only focused on pricing. But pricing isn't the only thing the analytical processes and underlying data can be used for. In this on-demand webinar, you will learn how answering other powerful questions can increase your impact and internal profile.View This Webinar
Exposing the Truth About Value-Based Pricing
In this Expert Interview, Stephan Liozu discusses what it really means to practice value-based pricing in a B2B environment. And here's a hint --- there's a lot more to it than many would have us believe!View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges