Avoiding Three Costly Price Segmentation Mistakes
Learn About Three Common Mistakes That Can Weaken the Foundation of Your Pricing Efforts
Price segmentation is undoubtedly the cornerstone of any successful pricing program. But the concept is new for many companies and as a result, many companies end up making costly mistakes that put their whole program in jeopardy. In this diagnostic, you'll learn:
- Why it's so common for companies to use existing segmentation models that aren't effective for more profitable pricing.
- The two problems that occur when your segmentation model doesn't reflect the true price granularity of your business.
- Why statistical segmentation analysis is so much better than intuition---and how it's easier than you might think.
- How to get over the organizational hurdles to creating a new model when your current one isn't as effective as it could be.
This diagnostic is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
Developing Pricing People Into Business Leaders
How do you develop great pricers and prepare them for other leadership positions in the company? In this interview, Greg Preuer discusses his team's intense, 48-week pricing training program.View This Interview
Developing a Winning Roadmap for Pricing
For getting beyond the tactical firefighting, good intentions simply aren't enough. You need a plan. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to create an effective plan for making pricing a more valuable and strategic function.View This Webinar
Visualizing Data to See the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on harnessing the power of data visualization to explore and explain the causes of margin leakage.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this diagnostic as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges