How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
Simplifying the Concepts to Help People Outside of Pricing Understand the Importance of Price Segmentation
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. And pricing people tend to exacerbate the issue when they talk about price segmentation in esoteric terms. In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The range of benefits that result from helping others understand this foundational concept.
- How and why it’s important to avoid an academic discussion and lead with a simple story.
- How to use a “contained” scenario from your own business to bring the concept to life.
- The basic visuals and simple illustrations that can support the story and aid comprehension.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exploring the Future of the Pricing Profession
Pricing is a specialized function and it can be difficult to get a read on the health and status of where the field is headed. Kevin Mitchell of the Professional Pricing Association provides his perspectives on the state of the pricing profession.View This Interview
How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
While no variable comp approach is ever perfect, you stand a much better chance when you minimize the unintended consequences. This guide exposes the problems with various schemes and explores potential solutions.View This Guide
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
Selling Value More Confidently in Seven Steps
To sell effectively, salespeople need confidence in themselves and the value of their offerings. In this tutorial, you will learn 7 straightforward steps you can take to give sales the confidence they need.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges