Fixing the Root Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
Paul Hunt, the President of Pricing Solutions, Exposes the Real Problems Behind Rampant Discounting in the Field
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. But out-of-control discounting and high numbers of exception requests are often just symptoms of other issues. In this expert interview with Paul Hunt of Pricing Solutions, you will learn:
- Why so many companies believe they have a problem with their sales force...and why they are so often wrong.
- The two big problems that are often at the heart of rampant discounting and high numbers of exception requests.
- How to position changes to the underlying pricing architecture so that salespeople can recognize personal benefits.
- How to diagnose the real problems and get management support and buy-in for the necessary corrective actions.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Assessing Your Pricing Capabilities
While you might think your pricing capabilities are pretty good, how do you really know? How can you tell? In this on-demand webinar, learn how to leverage "3 P" assessments to figure out where you're at and where you need to improve.View This Webinar
"Better" Practices for Pricing Improvement
That lofty place of "best practice" can sometimes seem very far away. Fortunately, pricing has so much power that amazing results can be generated by just getting "better." In this webinar, learn how to adapt best practices in less than ideal situations.View This Webinar
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand webinar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges