Fixing the Root Causes Behind Rogue Salespeople
Paul Hunt, the President of Pricing Solutions, Exposes the Real Problems Behind Rampant Discounting in the Field
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. But out-of-control discounting and high numbers of exception requests are often just symptoms of other issues. In this expert interview with Paul Hunt of Pricing Solutions, you will learn:
- Why so many companies believe they have a problem with their sales force...and why they are so often wrong.
- The two big problems that are often at the heart of rampant discounting and high numbers of exception requests.
- How to position changes to the underlying pricing architecture so that salespeople can recognize personal benefits.
- How to diagnose the real problems and get management support and buy-in for the necessary corrective actions.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
An educational case study collection exploring seven instances where further investigation revealed that supposed pricing problems weren't really pricing problems after all.View This Case Study
Avoiding 3 Costly Price Segmentation Mistakes
Price segmentation is the cornerstone of any successful pricing program but it's easy to make costly mistakes that can jeopardize your efforts. In this guide, learn how to sidestep three common mistakes.View This Diagnostic
How to Structure Pricing Functions
The structure of your pricing function can have major ramifications for years to come. In this on-demand webinar, learn effective approaches and considerations for structuring your pricing organization.View This Webinar
All About Price Optimization
The term "price optimization" is being thrown around with such abandon these days that confusion, rather than clarity, is the more likely result. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn what price optimization really is and how it works.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges