Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
Step Out of Your “Box” and Influence the Upstream Decisions That Can Ultimately Make or Break Your Pricing Efforts
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able to align, coordinate, and influence all of the different functional groups involved. And the more you actually know about these other areas, the easier it’s going to be to have a positive impact. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How to influence the upstream decisions that can determine how effective your pricing efforts are going to be.
- A 5-point plan you can use to get beyond the typical confines of the pricing practice and have a greater impact.
- 6 hurdles you need to watch out for when working with other departments---and proven ways to get over them.
- A downloadable Cheat Sheet with an overview of the different areas and recommendations for working with them.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
21 Questions About Your Price Segmentation
It can be difficult to know if your price segmentation model is as effective as it should be. This 21-point diagnostic assessment helps you measure how good your model really is and uncover potential areas of improvement.View This Diagnostic
Avoiding Five Margin-Killing MarCom Mistakes
A guide to common marketing communication mistakes that reduce your perceived value and pricing power.View This Guide
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation
In this expert interview, Barrett Thompson provides insight into the common problems and pitfalls to avoid when developing price segmentation models in B2B environments.View This Interview
Effective Pricing Through the Product Lifecycle
This on-demand training seminar explores the conventional wisdom around lifecycle pricing, highlights some major flaws, and reveals what leading pricing groups are doing differently to price effectively throughout the product lifecycle.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges