Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
Step Out of Your “Box” and Influence the Upstream Decisions That Can Ultimately Make or Break Your Pricing Efforts
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able to align, coordinate, and influence all of the different functional groups involved. And the more you actually know about these other areas, the easier it’s going to be to have a positive impact. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How to influence the upstream decisions that can determine how effective your pricing efforts are going to be.
- A 5-point plan you can use to get beyond the typical confines of the pricing practice and have a greater impact.
- 6 hurdles you need to watch out for when working with other departments---and proven ways to get over them.
- A downloadable Cheat Sheet with an overview of the different areas and recommendations for working with them.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Business-to-Business Price Elasticity
In this recorded training session, we explain the fundamentals of price elasticity in straightforward terms, explore the various principles involved, and provides valuable tips and insights to help you get started toward leveraging this most powerful measure in B2B pricing.View This Webinar
Marketing Pricing Initiatives for Success
Pricing initiatives often require buy-in from multiple departments just to get off the ground. In this on-demand training seminar, learn the essential marketing process for securing and maintaining internal buy-in and support for your pricing projects and initiatives.View This Webinar
How to Advance Your Career in B2B Pricing
In this day and age, you can’t just expect things to happen, you have to make things happen. This tutorial explains eight different "plays" to effectively manage and advance your career in pricing.View This Tutorial
Fighting Over-Discounting in the Field
Over-discounting in the field is a frustrating reality for most B2B pricing teams. So, how do you prevent it from happening? In this Expert Interview, Chaz Napoli shares the strategies and tactics he's found to be effective through hundreds of customer engagements.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges