Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
Step Out of Your “Box” and Influence the Upstream Decisions That Can Ultimately Make or Break Your Pricing Efforts
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able to align, coordinate, and influence all of the different functional groups involved. And the more you actually know about these other areas, the easier it’s going to be to have a positive impact. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How to influence the upstream decisions that can determine how effective your pricing efforts are going to be.
- A 5-point plan you can use to get beyond the typical confines of the pricing practice and have a greater impact.
- 6 hurdles you need to watch out for when working with other departments---and proven ways to get over them.
- A downloadable Cheat Sheet with an overview of the different areas and recommendations for working with them.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pros & Cons of Different Pricing Locations
To help guide your decision about where to locate a dedicated Pricing function in your business, we've compiled this reference table outlining four typical locations, the rationale for each location, as well as the top pros and cons that have been reported.View This Tool
Identifying Your Value Along Five Dimensions
It's best to present a well-rounded set of criteria upon which customers can base a buying decision. In this guide, you'll learn about five dimensions of value with over 50 potential value-drivers that can influence buying decisions.View This Diagnostic
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Strict enforcement of pricing policies can seem like a great idea. But this comical case study sheds some light on the perils of enforcing policies that are lacking (and somewhat ridiculous).View This Case Study
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
An interview with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges