Myth vs. Reality in Pricing Technology
Seven Myths and Outdated Beliefs That Are Causing Companies to Fall Further and Further Behind
Many companies hold perspectives that were accurate just a few years ago, but have since been nullified by technological evolution. In this special report, we expose seven of the most costly pricing technology myths and misconceptions we've encountered in our research:
- How the early days of giant pricing technology "suites" have created negative perceptions that are no longer valid.
- How many companies still hold inaccurate views about two core problems pricing technology is designed to solve.
- How the trend toward software-as-a-service (SaaS) has virtually eliminated three fundamental problems of the past.
- How the capability gaps between users and non-users of pricing technology is destined to get wider in the future.
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Using Pricing Analysis to Drive More Growth
Pricing analysis capabilities are usually only focused on pricing. But pricing isn't the only thing the analytical processes and underlying data can be used for. In this on-demand webinar, you will learn how answering other powerful questions can increase your impact and internal profile.View This Webinar
Seize the Pricing Opportunity Before Others Do
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
Tales from the Trenches in B2B Pricing
Pricing improvement in B2B can be a messy affair. In this on-demand webinar, glean insights from ten cautionary case studies so you don't repeat the same mistakes and miscalculations.View This Webinar
Methods of Measuring Value and Pricing Performance
Ever had a request for more resources or investment met with "what have you done for me lately?" In this Expert Interview, Erin Cihak and Peter Bloechle discuss multiple approaches for credibly demonstrating value and contribution.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Pricing Configured Products
Strategies to Optimize Prices For Configurable and Custom Products