Working with Product Management to Improve Pricing
Influencing the Pre-Market Decisions That Govern the Prices You Can Command in the Market
Focusing solely on transactional, in-market pricing is a bit like frosting a cake someone else has made. As the quality of the cake is the limiting factor, the frosting can only do so much. Similarly, the upper bounds of in-market pricing performance are often "baked in" or predetermined by decisions made much earlier in the lifecycle. So while tactical or transactional improvements are certainly valuable, many pricing teams have achieved far more significant gains by working to influence and improve the pre-market decisions and actions of Product Management. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How you can tell...and what you should expect...when Product Management is doing the right homework.
- Which Product Management decisions you should be focusing on to generate the biggest performance gains.
- How to avoid territorial disputes and get Product Management to actually embrace your help and suggestions.
- The specific improvements other pricing teams have found to be most effective in Product Management.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Step-by-Step Marketing Research for Strategic Pricing
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to conduct marketing research---the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic pricing.View This Tutorial
How to Hire Great Pricing People
How do you identify pricing candidates with the raw materials to be most successful? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn the most important attributes you should be looking for when building your team.View This Webinar
Building A Center Of Excellence Around Pricing
For many companies, the Pricing Center of Excellence model is finding favor over centralized pricing teams. This guide exposes the critical differences and steps to getting started with this popular model in your own organization.View This Guide
How a "Top Salesperson" Gutted a Pricing Initiative
It's important to get Sales on-board when pursuing a pricing technology initiative, right? But how important is it, really? In this case study, learn to avoid the mistakes one company made when implementing a new pricing technology.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges