Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation in B2B
Barrett Thompson Shares His Experiences and Insights About Price Segmentation in B2B Environments
At PricingBrew, we get a lot of subscriber questions about price segmentation. It's an extremely important and foundational pricing topic, but one that can be challenging to really get your head around. In this insightful conversation with Barrett Thompson, you will learn about:
- Why price segmentation is such a foundational and defining element for pricing improvement in B2B.
- The costly mistakes and common pitfalls you should avoid when it comes to price segmentation.
- How to tell if your price segmentation model is not as accurate or granular as it really should be.
- The simple steps you can take to begin improving and refining your price segmentation model.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Managing Your "Minimum Advertised Price"
Many manufacturers have augmented their channel strategies with MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies. While not a panacea, MAP policies can mitigate many channel control and conflict issues. In this guide, we expose 20 strategies and tactics for more effective MAP policies and programs.View This Guide
Getting Started in B2B Pricing
This 8-part course focuses on the critical concepts that B2B pricing professionals need to know. Whether you're trying to figure out where to begin or just want to ensure everyone on your team understands the fundamentals, this course can help.View This Tutorial
Visual Aids for Explaining Price Segmentation
Use this example visual presentation to inspire and aid your efforts in explaining the concepts of price segmentation to others inside your organization.View This Tool
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges