Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
A Real-World Case Study Showing How One IT Services Company Aligned Their Hourly Rates to Customer Value
Very often, companies develop their pricing structures according to industry norms and "standard" practices. And then, even when those structures no long work, they stick with them because "that's how it's always been done." In this case study, you will learn about:
- How simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs.
- How the wrong internal perceptions about the value being delivered can affect important business decisions.
- The critical importance of identifying and utilizing the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.
- How one professional services company changed their pricing and quoting structure to improve their margins.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
Stop Being Afraid of Procurement
In this interview with Chris Provines, author of "Selling to Procurement", get an inside look at the goals and tactics of the purchasing people who are working so hard to get your salespeople to give up margin.View This Interview
Building a Better Bid Desk
Large bids and quotes can have huge impacts on everything from revenue and profit to capacity utilization and strategic positioning. In this on-demand training session, learn strategies and tactics for improving the effectiveness of your bid desk.View This Webinar
How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
Strict enforcement of pricing policies can seem like a great idea. But this comical case study sheds some light on the perils of enforcing policies that are lacking (and somewhat ridiculous).View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges