Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
A Real-World Case Study Showing How One IT Services Company Aligned Their Hourly Rates to Customer Value
Very often, companies develop their pricing structures according to industry norms and "standard" practices. And then, even when those structures no long work, they stick with them because "that's how it's always been done." In this case study, you will learn about:
- How simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs.
- How the wrong internal perceptions about the value being delivered can affect important business decisions.
- The critical importance of identifying and utilizing the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.
- How one professional services company changed their pricing and quoting structure to improve their margins.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Tales from the Trenches in B2B Pricing
Pricing improvement in B2B can be a messy affair. In this on-demand webinar, glean insights from ten cautionary case studies so you don't repeat the same mistakes and miscalculations.View This Webinar
How Customers Evaluate a Price
Customers aren't as logical in understanding value and assessing a price as you might think. In this guide, Mark Dresdner exposes eight factors that play an important role when a potential customer evaluates your prices.View This Guide
Better Product Management for Better Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, learn how leading pricing teams are influencing the pre-market decisions that can increase pricing pressure and limit the prices you can command in the market.View This Webinar
Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
An educational case study collection exploring seven instances where further investigation revealed that supposed pricing problems weren't really pricing problems after all.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges