Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
A Real-World Case Study Showing How One IT Services Company Aligned Their Hourly Rates to Customer Value
Very often, companies develop their pricing structures according to industry norms and "standard" practices. And then, even when those structures no long work, they stick with them because "that's how it's always been done." In this case study, you will learn about:
- How simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs.
- How the wrong internal perceptions about the value being delivered can affect important business decisions.
- The critical importance of identifying and utilizing the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.
- How one professional services company changed their pricing and quoting structure to improve their margins.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding Guesswork in Value-Based Pricing
Most value-based pricing initiatives aren't small undertakings--and shouldn't be left to trial and intuition. This guide outlines a proven research process that can get you started.View This Guide
Building a Better Bid Desk
Large bids and quotes can have huge impacts on everything from revenue and profit to capacity utilization and strategic positioning. In this on-demand training session, learn strategies and tactics for improving the effectiveness of your bid desk.View This Webinar
Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
It's easy to assume that when a buyer says they need a lower price, they really mean it. But making the wrong assumption can be very costly. Nelson Hyde explains how to tell when a buyer is bluffing.View This Interview
Tackling Sales Comp to Drive Pricing Excellence
In this expert interview, Bob Vezeau, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at WestRock, discusses his experiences redesigning the company's sales compensation platform to better align with pricing excellence.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges