Breaking Out of Your Pricing Silo
Mark Burton of Holden Advisors Shares His Latest Insights and Advice for Taking Your Pricing Department to the Next Level
When we first interviewed Mark Burton, he introduced us to the concept of the Embedded Pricing Organization. Representing the next evolution of the pricing department, our subscribers have been eager to learn more. In this follow-up interview, you will learn:
- Mark's latest insights into the Embedded Pricing Organization and how pricing departments are leveraging it.
- The business dynamics that are forcing pricing departments to function differently in order to remain relevant.
- The areas that Embedded Pricing Organizations are prioritizing for greater infusion of pricing expertise and capability.
- The most significant skills "gaps" that pricing practitioners and teams must overcome as they move forward.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
Diagnosing Pricing Problems
When companies stop at a default diagnosis of, “Something’s wrong with the pricing,” they never identify and fix the true root-causes of the issues. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to identify the real root-causes behind pricing performance issues.View This Webinar
Four Ways to Be More Strategic In Pricing
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. This guide outlines four areas of focus that can help you become a much more strategic pricing professional.View This Guide
Powerhouse Pricing Teams
In B2B, dedicated pricing teams are still a relatively new development. And as such, there are no long-standing rules for how everything should work. In this on-demand webinar, explore the common traits, characteristics, and behaviors of successful pricing teams that have been around longer than most.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges