Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Elliot Yama of Apttus Provides a Simple Guide to Evaluating the Gaps in Your Deal Management Process
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. The salesperson that gets a big bonus for providing a huge discount to win a deal... The unwitting sales team that ends up bidding against themselves... The sneaky rep that hits quota and earns commission by cherry-picking the low-margin products. These kind of things shouldn't happen...but they do. In this guide you'll learn:
- The common root cause that many deal management horror stories can be traced back to.
- The characteristics that tend to separate the strong performers from the weaker ones.
- How a large part of the solution is in giving your sales team additional deal guidance and confidence.
- Four questions you can ask to quickly assess the state of your company's deal management practices.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Spotlight on the B2B Pricing Organization
This report, based on our PricingPulse research, shines more light on the composition, perspectives, and priorities of dedicated pricing groups in leading B2B companies.View This Research
How to Avoid Sales Compensation Gotchas
While no variable comp approach is ever perfect, you stand a much better chance when you minimize the unintended consequences. This guide exposes the problems with various schemes and explores potential solutions.View This Guide
Seize the Pricing Opportunity Before Others Do
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
Delivering Answers to the Point of Sale
While the promise of data-driven decisions in sales is compelling, it’s rarely realistic. This tutorial reveals a more effective approach for getting salespeople to use data and analytics to make better pricing decisions.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges