Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Elliot Yama of Apttus Provides a Simple Guide to Evaluating the Gaps in Your Deal Management Process
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. The salesperson that gets a big bonus for providing a huge discount to win a deal... The unwitting sales team that ends up bidding against themselves... The sneaky rep that hits quota and earns commission by cherry-picking the low-margin products. These kind of things shouldn't happen...but they do. In this guide you'll learn:
- The common root cause that many deal management horror stories can be traced back to.
- The characteristics that tend to separate the strong performers from the weaker ones.
- How a large part of the solution is in giving your sales team additional deal guidance and confidence.
- Four questions you can ask to quickly assess the state of your company's deal management practices.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Pros & Cons of B2B Pricing Strategies
The conventional wisdom around pricing strategy often fails to make clear that some of the "standard" options are extremely dangerous in B2B environments! In this on-demand webinar, learn which pricing strategies actually work...and which ones will destroy your margins.View This Webinar
Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Sales and pricing will rarely see eye to eye. Greg Preuer, Director of Pricing at Cooper Lighting, shares his experiences on how he's been able to work more effectively with the sales team.View This Interview
Stop Being Afraid of Procurement
In this interview with Chris Provines, author of "Selling to Procurement", get an inside look at the goals and tactics of the purchasing people who are working so hard to get your salespeople to give up margin.View This Interview
Dealing with Price Exceptions
For many teams, their exception-handling processes are a significant and ongoing source of frustration and inefficiency. So how should you go about improving these critical processes?View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges