Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Elliot Yama of Apttus Provides a Simple Guide to Evaluating the Gaps in Your Deal Management Process
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. The salesperson that gets a big bonus for providing a huge discount to win a deal... The unwitting sales team that ends up bidding against themselves... The sneaky rep that hits quota and earns commission by cherry-picking the low-margin products. These kind of things shouldn't happen...but they do. In this guide you'll learn:
- The common root cause that many deal management horror stories can be traced back to.
- The characteristics that tend to separate the strong performers from the weaker ones.
- How a large part of the solution is in giving your sales team additional deal guidance and confidence.
- Four questions you can ask to quickly assess the state of your company's deal management practices.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand webinar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Visualizing Data to See the Trees in the Forest
Walter Paczkowski on harnessing the power of data visualization to explore and explain the causes of margin leakage.View This Guide
How to Craft Effective Strategic Value Messages
This tutorial shows you how to get beyond the platitudes and develop compelling messages that get prospects to view your offerings as being different, better than the alternatives, and worth the price.View This Tutorial
When to Choose Profit, Revenue, or Both
As pricing people in B2B, we all have to deal with the "corporate schizophrenia" around revenue versus profit. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, we discuss how pricing teams can best deal with this oftentimes frustrating dynamic.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges