Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Elliot Yama of Apttus Provides a Simple Guide to Evaluating the Gaps in Your Deal Management Process
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. The salesperson that gets a big bonus for providing a huge discount to win a deal... The unwitting sales team that ends up bidding against themselves... The sneaky rep that hits quota and earns commission by cherry-picking the low-margin products. These kind of things shouldn't happen...but they do. In this guide you'll learn:
- The common root cause that many deal management horror stories can be traced back to.
- The characteristics that tend to separate the strong performers from the weaker ones.
- How a large part of the solution is in giving your sales team additional deal guidance and confidence.
- Four questions you can ask to quickly assess the state of your company's deal management practices.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Effective Pricing Through the Product Lifecycle
This on-demand training seminar explores the conventional wisdom around lifecycle pricing, highlights some major flaws, and reveals what leading pricing groups are doing differently to price effectively throughout the product lifecycle.View This Webinar
Tweaking Your Sales Strategy to Improve Prices
A well thought-out strategy can reduce pricing pressure and increase deal velocity. This guide explains how relatively small adjustments to your sales strategy in a few high-leverage areas can combine and compound to produce dramatic results.View This Guide
Tackling Sales Comp to Drive Pricing Excellence
In this expert interview, Bob Vezeau, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at WestRock, discusses his experiences redesigning the company's sales compensation platform to better align with pricing excellence.View This Interview
Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis for Strategic Pricing
How to use competitive analysis to identify actionable opportunities to gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce the pressure to discount.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges