Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
How One Company Improved Profitability Without Changing Their Team's Cost-Plus Pricing Behaviors
In a B2B sales environment, an entrenched cost-plus mindset can be a huge obstacle to improved pricing performance. Modifying this mindset often involves implementing new rules, training programs, governance structures, and even making personnel changes. But what if your back is against the wall and the "right way" isn't an option? In this case study, you'll learn:
- Why it sometimes makes sense to make your sales team think nothing's changing to get them to improve.
- How desperate times can sometimes justify effective solutions--even when they're a bit creative and sneaky.
- Things to consider when the seemingly logical courses of action just aren't available to you.
- How simple algebra managed to deliver results so good that they surprised both the CEO and CFO.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Fight a Price War
In this on-demand webinar, learn strategies and tactics for preventing a price war, handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating and avoiding provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.View This Webinar
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
Getting the Top Job in B2B Pricing
How do you become a Vice President of Pricing at a multi-billion dollar B2B company? A great first step is to get some advice from someone like Dick Braun, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at Parker Hannifin.View This Interview
Exposing the Truth About Value-Based Pricing
In this Expert Interview, Stephan Liozu discusses what it really means to practice value-based pricing in a B2B environment. And here's a hint --- there's a lot more to it than many would have us believe!View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges