Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
How One Company Improved Profitability Without Changing Their Team's Cost-Plus Pricing Behaviors
In a B2B sales environment, an entrenched cost-plus mindset can be a huge obstacle to improved pricing performance. Modifying this mindset often involves implementing new rules, training programs, governance structures, and even making personnel changes. But what if your back is against the wall and the "right way" isn't an option? In this case study, you'll learn:
- Why it sometimes makes sense to make your sales team think nothing's changing to get them to improve.
- How desperate times can sometimes justify effective solutions--even when they're a bit creative and sneaky.
- Things to consider when the seemingly logical courses of action just aren't available to you.
- How simple algebra managed to deliver results so good that they surprised both the CEO and CFO.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How Customers Evaluate a Price
Customers aren't as logical in understanding value and assessing a price as you might think. In this guide, Mark Dresdner exposes eight factors that play an important role when a potential customer evaluates your prices.View This Guide
Competitive Insights for More Strategic Pricing
To avoid unnecessary pricing battles, you need to have a deep understanding of your competitors and their approaches to pricing. This guide shows you how to gain the strategic insights you need.View This Guide
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
The Competitor Assessment Scorecard
Use this scorecard to assess your competitors relative to each other and yourself on the various elements of the Triangulated Competitive Audit.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges