Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
How One Company Improved Profitability Without Changing Their Team's Cost-Plus Pricing Behaviors
In a B2B sales environment, an entrenched cost-plus mindset can be a huge obstacle to improved pricing performance. Modifying this mindset often involves implementing new rules, training programs, governance structures, and even making personnel changes. But what if your back is against the wall and the "right way" isn't an option? In this case study, you'll learn:
- Why it sometimes makes sense to make your sales team think nothing's changing to get them to improve.
- How desperate times can sometimes justify effective solutions--even when they're a bit creative and sneaky.
- Things to consider when the seemingly logical courses of action just aren't available to you.
- How simple algebra managed to deliver results so good that they surprised both the CEO and CFO.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Underrated Pricing Technology Evaluation Criteria
This 36-question diagnostic exposes and explains seven areas of pricing technology evaluation and comparison that are underrated, underutilized, and deserving of much greater consideration by prospective buyers.View This Diagnostic
How to Break Out of Your Pricing Silo
In this expert interview, Mark Burton of Holden Advisors shares his latest insights and advice for getting beyond tactical analysis and taking your pricing department to the next level.View This Interview
Competitive Insights for More Strategic Pricing
To avoid unnecessary pricing battles, you need to have a deep understanding of your competitors and their approaches to pricing. This guide shows you how to gain the strategic insights you need.View This Guide
How to Fight a Price War
In this on-demand webinar, learn strategies and tactics for preventing a price war, handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating and avoiding provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges