Building a Better Bid Desk
Strategies and Tactics for More Effective Pricing of Large Bids and Quotes
For a lot of B2B companies, the bid desk is where the rubber really meets the road. The transaction volumes may not be high, but large bids and quotes can have substantial impacts on everything from revenue, profit, and unit volume to capacity utilization, cost structure, and even strategic positioning! In this subscriber-only training webinar, you will learn about:
- The common myths and misperceptions about large bids and volume quotes that can cause you to leave big money on the table.
- How understanding the true nature of demand flowing into your bid desk can help you develop more accurate and profitable quotes.
- The proper role of underlying product and service costs and when "cost plus" may actually be the best pricing strategy to employ.
- What bid desk personnel need to understand about working with salespeople to capture the best possible prices and margins.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Break Out of Your Pricing Silo
In this expert interview, Mark Burton of Holden Advisors shares his latest insights and advice for getting beyond tactical analysis and taking your pricing department to the next level.View This Interview
Rethinking the "Pricing Journey"
The “crawl, walk, run” approach used to be the standard for developing pricing capabilities in B2B. But that was 5-7 years ago, and a lot has changed since then. Read this provocative report to learn why you must rethink the pricing journey.View This Research
How to Avoid Pricing Panic
How should you respond when something disruptive happens in your market? How do you avoid overreaction? How do you balance speedy action with smart action? And how do you prepare for the next disruption?View This Webinar
Manage Your Customer Mix to Improve Profits
It's natural to assume that you need to raise your prices or lower your costs to improve gross margins. But there's another powerful variable in the equation that can help grow profits.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges