Building a Better Bid Desk
Strategies and Tactics for More Effective Pricing of Large Bids and Quotes
For a lot of B2B companies, the bid desk is where the rubber really meets the road. The transaction volumes may not be high, but large bids and quotes can have substantial impacts on everything from revenue, profit, and unit volume to capacity utilization, cost structure, and even strategic positioning! In this subscriber-only training webinar, you will learn about:
- The common myths and misperceptions about large bids and volume quotes that can cause you to leave big money on the table.
- How understanding the true nature of demand flowing into your bid desk can help you develop more accurate and profitable quotes.
- The proper role of underlying product and service costs and when "cost plus" may actually be the best pricing strategy to employ.
- What bid desk personnel need to understand about working with salespeople to capture the best possible prices and margins.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Two Ways to Champion Pricing Initiatives
This case history details how one pricing champion used two different approaches to gain support and approval...and got very different results. Find out which approach worked better.View This Case Study
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
Underrated Pricing Technology Evaluation Criteria
This 36-question diagnostic exposes and explains seven areas of pricing technology evaluation and comparison that are underrated, underutilized, and deserving of much greater consideration by prospective buyers.View This Diagnostic
How Customers Evaluate a Price
Customers aren't as logical in understanding value and assessing a price as you might think. In this guide, Mark Dresdner exposes eight factors that play an important role when a potential customer evaluates your prices.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges