Building a Better Bid Desk
Strategies and Tactics for More Effective Pricing of Large Bids and Quotes
For a lot of B2B companies, the bid desk is where the rubber really meets the road. The transaction volumes may not be high, but large bids and quotes can have substantial impacts on everything from revenue, profit, and unit volume to capacity utilization, cost structure, and even strategic positioning! In this subscriber-only training webinar, you will learn about:
- The common myths and misperceptions about large bids and volume quotes that can cause you to leave big money on the table.
- How understanding the true nature of demand flowing into your bid desk can help you develop more accurate and profitable quotes.
- The proper role of underlying product and service costs and when "cost plus" may actually be the best pricing strategy to employ.
- What bid desk personnel need to understand about working with salespeople to capture the best possible prices and margins.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding the Top 10 Pricing Mistakes
You're going to make mistakes. But if you can avoid the biggest mistakes, you're definitely rigging the game in your favor. In this on-demand webinar, learn about the top 10 mistakes that other pricing groups have made along the way.View This Webinar
Seven Strategies for Boosting Margin Dollars
It's good to have a few strategies close at hand that are effective at boosting margin dollars without a lot of time and effort. This video guide explains seven simple solutions that can make a big difference to profitability.View This Guide
Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
An edgy case study that exposes how one company got "creative" to improve profitability without having to change their sales team's ingrained cost-plus pricing behaviors.View This Case Study
Effective Internal Marketing for Pricing Initiatives
Pricing initiatives don't happen overnight and organizational support can wane over time. Without some thoughtful planning, initiatives can end-up fading into the background. Learn the approaches two companies used to keep support and momentum going.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges