Competitive Insights for More Strategic Pricing
How to Gain a Deeper Understanding of Your Competitors and Avoid Unnecessary Pricing Battles
When people think about pricing and the competition, they often think about the specific price-points their competitors are putting into the marketplace. They think about the tradeoffs and gaps associated with side-by-side feature and function comparisons. They tend to dwell on the bid they lost to a competitor last week. But for truly strategic pricing, you need to get beyond the tactical. In this guide, you'll get access to:
- The 3 angles you need to look at your competitors from to to get a strategic understanding of their approaches.
- The critical questions you'll need to ask and answer that can give you and your company the upper hand.
- A downloadable Audit Guide with dozens of strategic questions to help shape your thinking about specific competitors.
- How you can use these competitive perspectives and insights to improve your existing pricing strategies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Pros & Cons of B2B Pricing Strategies
The conventional wisdom around pricing strategy often fails to make clear that some of the "standard" options are extremely dangerous in B2B environments! In this on-demand webinar, learn which pricing strategies actually work...and which ones will destroy your margins.View This Webinar
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, learn how the lack of strategic pricing capability reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion.View This Case Study
The Pricing Practitioner's Primer on B2B Sales
To be most effective in B2B environments, pricing professionals need to learn as much as they can about their sales function. In this on-demand webinar, learn more about aspects of sales people and processes that can affect pricing performance.View This Webinar
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges