Competitive Insights for More Strategic Pricing
How to Gain a Deeper Understanding of Your Competitors and Avoid Unnecessary Pricing Battles
When people think about pricing and the competition, they often think about the specific price-points their competitors are putting into the marketplace. They think about the tradeoffs and gaps associated with side-by-side feature and function comparisons. They tend to dwell on the bid they lost to a competitor last week. But for truly strategic pricing, you need to get beyond the tactical. In this guide, you'll get access to:
- The 3 angles you need to look at your competitors from to to get a strategic understanding of their approaches.
- The critical questions you'll need to ask and answer that can give you and your company the upper hand.
- A downloadable Audit Guide with dozens of strategic questions to help shape your thinking about specific competitors.
- How you can use these competitive perspectives and insights to improve your existing pricing strategies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Leverage Big Data & Pricing Science
In this expert interview, Jim Vaughn, the author of a new book called "Stop Racing in a Blindfold," talks about how to combine Big Data and Pricing Science to drive better financial results, at scale, and on a go-forward basis.View This Interview
Getting the Most Out of Price Segmentation
The process of building or improving a price segmentation model can seem like a daunting task. In this on-demand training seminar, we discuss best practices and straightforward techniques for improving the quality and accuracy of your price segmentation model.View This Webinar
Managing Mix to Improve Pricing
Product and customer mix have an incredible amount of influence over every aspect of your performance. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to get proactive about "rigging" your mix to your advantage.View This Webinar
Exposing the Secrets of Price Negotiation
How do you protect your margins when your sellers are so outmatched? How do you keep them from falling for every trick in the book? And what does your pricing team need to know to provide another layer of protection?View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges