Competitive Insights for More Strategic Pricing
How to Gain a Deeper Understanding of Your Competitors and Avoid Unnecessary Pricing Battles
When people think about pricing and the competition, they often think about the specific price-points their competitors are putting into the marketplace. They think about the tradeoffs and gaps associated with side-by-side feature and function comparisons. They tend to dwell on the bid they lost to a competitor last week. But for truly strategic pricing, you need to get beyond the tactical. In this guide, you'll get access to:
- The 3 angles you need to look at your competitors from to to get a strategic understanding of their approaches.
- The critical questions you'll need to ask and answer that can give you and your company the upper hand.
- A downloadable Audit Guide with dozens of strategic questions to help shape your thinking about specific competitors.
- How you can use these competitive perspectives and insights to improve your existing pricing strategies.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Sales and pricing will rarely see eye to eye. Greg Preuer, Director of Pricing at Cooper Lighting, shares his experiences on how he's been able to work more effectively with the sales team.View This Interview
Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
Simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs. This case study demonstrates how to identify the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.View This Case Study
The New Benchmarks for B2B Pricing Excellence
With a lever as powerful as pricing, it’s important to evaluate where you have room for improvement. This report helps readers to benchmark their pricing capabilities through a series of self-assessment questions in 10 vital areas.View This Research
Pricing Tech Utilization: Users Vs. Laggards
Based on an in-depth PricingPulse research study, this briefing exposes the critical differences between the companies who are currently using pricing technology, and those who are not.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Neutralizing the Sales Team's Excuses
Effectively Addressing the Top "Reasons" Sales Teams Give for Poor Price Execution