Driving Strategic Decisions with Pricing Analytics
How to Look at Pricing Performance in a Different Way and Put Your Company on a More Strategic Path
Most often, pricing analytics is only used to evaluate specific deals, identify pricing outliers, and measure price performance over time. But in the right hands, pricing analytics can serve a very different purpose---a much more strategic purpose. In this guide, you will learn about:
- How pricing analytics can help answer the big strategic questions that many B2B companies are struggling with.
- Why pricing analytics is one of best sources for information and insight to improve a company’s overall strategy.
- The three segment-level performance characteristics that are the most telling and indicative of strategic potential.
- How to use pricing analytics to identify your company's real strategic "sweet spot" within the overall marketplace.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
Methods of Measuring Value and Pricing Performance
Ever had a request for more resources or investment met with "what have you done for me lately?" In this Expert Interview, Erin Cihak and Peter Bloechle discuss multiple approaches for credibly demonstrating value and contribution.View This Interview
13 Unique Price Segmentation Attributes
When you identify meaningful segmentation attributes, you also uncover a source of competitive advantage. This research brief explores a variety of unique price segmentation attributes that companies in the PricingBrew Network have found to be important.View This Research
Pricing Services to Customer Value
When you’re selling services or project work, it can be challenging to get customers to focus on the value being delivered or exchanged. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to improve revenue and margins when your offering is largely intangible.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges