Delivering Answers to the Point of Sale
A Realistic and Pragmatic Approach for Helping Salespeople Make Data-Driven Decisions
While the promise of data-driven decisions in sales is compelling, it’s rarely realistic. But by taking an approach that addresses the reality of most B2B selling environments, you stand a much better chance. In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- The underlying flaw in the generally-accepted concept of "business intelligence" that's led B2B companies astray.
- The three unintended consequences companies have experienced in the interest of "putting data at their fingertips".
- Why people in the field need far more than data and the powerful mindset shift that can help you deliver it to them.
- Five straightforward steps you can take to make the transition and avoid the problems others have experienced.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
Every sale is the result of a process. With any process, the quality of the final product is determined by the raw materials. This diagnostic helps improve pricing results by identifying root causes in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
Getting the Top Job in B2B Pricing
How do you become a Vice President of Pricing at a multi-billion dollar B2B company? A great first step is to get some advice from someone like Dick Braun, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at Parker Hannifin.View This Interview
Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a prime target. But the relatively simple effort of getting your own house in order can have a positive influence on pricing outcomes.View This Tutorial
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges