Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting on Getting Beyond Pricing and Working More Effectively with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting is uniquely qualified to speak about working more effectively with the sales organization. He not only has decades of experience as a B2B pricing practitioner, he used to be a sales leader himself. In this interview, you will learn:
- How salespeople tend to view pricing and discounting decisions in the context of their day-to-day work.
- Effective ways for pricing people to build greater levels of rapport and mutual respect with the sales team.
- Other important areas that pricing teams are uniquely-positioned to help their sales organizations tackle.
- The importance of maintaining an ongoing dialog with sales leadership about the more strategic issues.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Hire Great Pricing People
How do you identify pricing candidates with the raw materials to be most successful? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn the most important attributes you should be looking for when building your team.View This Webinar
The Top "Lessons Learned" by Pricing Leaders
How have pricing leaders become leaders? What can their 20/20 hindsight teach us to streamline our own path? In this on-demand webinar, learn the top lessons gleaned through our research.View This Webinar
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand webinar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Two Ways to Champion Pricing Initiatives
This case history details how one pricing champion used two different approaches to gain support and approval...and got very different results. Find out which approach worked better.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges