Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting on Getting Beyond Pricing and Working More Effectively with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting is uniquely qualified to speak about working more effectively with the sales organization. He not only has decades of experience as a B2B pricing practitioner, he used to be a sales leader himself. In this interview, you will learn:
- How salespeople tend to view pricing and discounting decisions in the context of their day-to-day work.
- Effective ways for pricing people to build greater levels of rapport and mutual respect with the sales team.
- Other important areas that pricing teams are uniquely-positioned to help their sales organizations tackle.
- The importance of maintaining an ongoing dialog with sales leadership about the more strategic issues.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Effective Pricing Analysis
In this on-demand training webinar, we share the fundamental concepts and principles behind effective pricing analysis, expose the critical building blocks that need to be in-place, and walk through a basic pricing analysis example to pull everything together.View This Webinar
Revamping Sales Comp to Improve Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the pros and cons of various approaches for infusing pricing performance into your sales compensation plan to reduce unnecessary discounting and boost profitability.View This Webinar
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, learn how the lack of strategic pricing capability reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion.View This Case Study
Exposing Your Differential Value Step-by-Step
This tutorial cuts through the apparent complexity of value-based pricing to provide simplified, step-by-step process for understanding and exposing the differential value of your offerings.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges