Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting on Getting Beyond Pricing and Working More Effectively with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting is uniquely qualified to speak about working more effectively with the sales organization. He not only has decades of experience as a B2B pricing practitioner, he used to be a sales leader himself. In this interview, you will learn:
- How salespeople tend to view pricing and discounting decisions in the context of their day-to-day work.
- Effective ways for pricing people to build greater levels of rapport and mutual respect with the sales team.
- Other important areas that pricing teams are uniquely-positioned to help their sales organizations tackle.
- The importance of maintaining an ongoing dialog with sales leadership about the more strategic issues.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Developing a Winning Roadmap for Pricing
From our research, leading pricing functions go through key evolutionary phases in becoming more effective and strategic. In this 3-part training webinar, learn how to develop a roadmap that streamlines that evolution with a plan to be a more valuable and strategic function.View This Webinar
Tales from the Trenches in B2B Pricing
Pricing improvement in B2B can be a messy affair. In this on-demand webinar, glean insights from ten cautionary case studies so you don't repeat the same mistakes and miscalculations.View This Webinar
Getting Your Salespeople to Price Better
Chances are, the behavior of your salespeople will ultimately determine whether your pricing strategies are effective or not. In this on-demand training seminar, learn proven approaches and strategies for getting your sales team to price and discount far more effectively.View This Webinar
How to Get More Aligned With Sales
Taking a purposeful approach toward aligning more closely with the sales team can reap great rewards for pricing results. Learn five straightforward steps toward fostering a better working relationship with integrity.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges