Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting on Getting Beyond Pricing and Working More Effectively with the Sales Team
Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting is uniquely qualified to speak about working more effectively with the sales organization. He not only has decades of experience as a B2B pricing practitioner, he used to be a sales leader himself. In this interview, you will learn:
- How salespeople tend to view pricing and discounting decisions in the context of their day-to-day work.
- Effective ways for pricing people to build greater levels of rapport and mutual respect with the sales team.
- Other important areas that pricing teams are uniquely-positioned to help their sales organizations tackle.
- The importance of maintaining an ongoing dialog with sales leadership about the more strategic issues.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Right Way to Manage and Enable Change
How do you encourage, enable, and manage organizational change when the deck is stacked against you? In this in-depth interview, Scott McAllister and Suraj Mohandas share the quantifiable benefits of effective change management and expose the essential steps that are required to get it right.View This Interview
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis for Strategic Pricing
How to use competitive analysis to identify actionable opportunities to gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce the pressure to discount.View This Tutorial
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges