Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Barrett Thompson Explains the Nature of Price Elasticity in B2B and How You Can Use It To Set Better Prices with Far Less Risk
Price elasticity has been a core aspect of consumer pricing for decades. But in business-to-business environments, this foundational pricing concept is not only incredibly underutilized, it's often misunderstood. In this conversation with Barrett Thompson, you will learn:
- The basic concept of price elasticity and how you can recognize that it's operating in your business right now.
- How price elasticity manifests differently in B2B and doesn't follow the traditional or textbook definitions.
- Why an understanding of price elasticity can significantly reduce the risks associated with price-setting in B2B.
- The basic process for measuring and calculating the price elasticities of the various segments in your business.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability Management
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
"Better" Practices for Pricing Improvement
That lofty place of "best practice" can sometimes seem very far away. Fortunately, pricing has so much power that amazing results can be generated by just getting "better." In this webinar, learn how to adapt best practices in less than ideal situations.View This Webinar
All About Price Optimization
The term "price optimization" is being thrown around with such abandon these days that confusion, rather than clarity, is the more likely result. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn what price optimization really is and how it works.View This Webinar
Are Revenue Management and Pricing Different?
Some practitioners will use the terms "revenue management" and "pricing" interchangeably. In this expert interview, Amit Aggarwal, the Executive Vice President of Revenue Management at iHeartMedia, helps explain the differences and why they matter.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges