Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Barrett Thompson Explains the Nature of Price Elasticity in B2B and How You Can Use It To Set Better Prices with Far Less Risk
Price elasticity has been a core aspect of consumer pricing for decades. But in business-to-business environments, this foundational pricing concept is not only incredibly underutilized, it's often misunderstood. In this conversation with Barrett Thompson, you will learn:
- The basic concept of price elasticity and how you can recognize that it's operating in your business right now.
- How price elasticity manifests differently in B2B and doesn't follow the traditional or textbook definitions.
- Why an understanding of price elasticity can significantly reduce the risks associated with price-setting in B2B.
- The basic process for measuring and calculating the price elasticities of the various segments in your business.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Using Pricing Analysis to Drive More Growth
Pricing analysis capabilities are usually only focused on pricing. But pricing isn't the only thing the analytical processes and underlying data can be used for. In this on-demand webinar, you will learn how answering other powerful questions can increase your impact and internal profile.View This Webinar
Four Ways to Get More Out of Pricing Analytics
There's no doubt that pricing analytics can be powerful, but it’s not a slam dunk. This guide explains four powerful strategies for producing more meaningful results from your pricing analytics efforts and investments.View This Guide
How to Price Big Deals
Big deals generate a lot of internal pressure and it's easy to ignore the huge pitfalls of winning "badly." In this session, we explore a triangulated pricing approach to ensure profitability, mitigate risk, and avoid future regret.View This Webinar
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges