Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Barrett Thompson Explains the Nature of Price Elasticity in B2B and How You Can Use It To Set Better Prices with Far Less Risk
Price elasticity has been a core aspect of consumer pricing for decades. But in business-to-business environments, this foundational pricing concept is not only incredibly underutilized, it's often misunderstood. In this conversation with Barrett Thompson, you will learn:
- The basic concept of price elasticity and how you can recognize that it's operating in your business right now.
- How price elasticity manifests differently in B2B and doesn't follow the traditional or textbook definitions.
- Why an understanding of price elasticity can significantly reduce the risks associated with price-setting in B2B.
- The basic process for measuring and calculating the price elasticities of the various segments in your business.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Effective Pricing Analysis
In this on-demand training webinar, we share the fundamental concepts and principles behind effective pricing analysis, expose the critical building blocks that need to be in-place, and walk through a basic pricing analysis example to pull everything together.View This Webinar
Avoiding the Pitfalls of Price Segmentation
In this expert interview, Barrett Thompson provides insight into the common problems and pitfalls to avoid when developing price segmentation models in B2B environments.View This Interview
Seven Strategies for Boosting Margin Dollars
It's good to have a few strategies close at hand that are effective at boosting margin dollars without a lot of time and effort. This video guide explains seven simple solutions that can make a big difference to profitability.View This Guide
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges