Dealing with Price Exceptions
Strategies and Tactics for Improving Your Exception-Handling Processes
Price exceptions are a fact of life for most B2B pricing teams. But for many teams, their exception-handling processes are a significant and ongoing source of frustration and inefficiency. And counter to their purpose, these processes are even a costly source of margin erosion in some cases! So how does one go about improving the efficiency and effectiveness of these critical processes? And can it be done without lot of internal conflict? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Effective strategies for addressing the real underlying causes of price exceptions.
- The organizational dynamics that can reinforce the status quo and stifle improvement.
- Balancing risk, response, profits, and throughput when setting routing thresholds.
- Proven tactics and tips for reducing bottlenecks and streamlining an exception flow.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
Every sale is the result of a process. With any process, the quality of the final product is determined by the raw materials. This diagnostic helps improve pricing results by identifying root causes in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
Developing Pricing People Into Business Leaders
How do you develop great pricers and prepare them for other leadership positions in the company? In this interview, Greg Preuer discusses his team's intense, 48-week pricing training program.View This Interview
Two Paths Toward Pricing Improvement
More B2B companies than ever before are taking steps to improve their pricing. But they aren't all going about it in the same ways...or achieving the same results. In this special report, we characterize the two primary paths that are being taken and expose the critical differences.View This Research
How to Fight a Price War
In this on-demand webinar, learn strategies and tactics for preventing a price war, handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating and avoiding provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Getting Control of Discounting
Enabling a More Disciplined & Deliberate Approach to Discounting