Dealing with Price Exceptions
Strategies and Tactics for Improving Your Exception-Handling Processes
Price exceptions are a fact of life for most B2B pricing teams. But for many teams, their exception-handling processes are a significant and ongoing source of frustration and inefficiency. And counter to their purpose, these processes are even a costly source of margin erosion in some cases! So how does one go about improving the efficiency and effectiveness of these critical processes? And can it be done without lot of internal conflict? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Effective strategies for addressing the real underlying causes of price exceptions.
- The organizational dynamics that can reinforce the status quo and stifle improvement.
- Balancing risk, response, profits, and throughput when setting routing thresholds.
- Proven tactics and tips for reducing bottlenecks and streamlining an exception flow.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Pricing Intelligence
In pricing, it's easy to feel like you're making decisions in a vacuum. But there are many powerful sources of pricing intelligence you can leverage. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to design and implement systems for tapping into those sources of intelligence and how best to respond.View This Webinar
Using a Cost-Plus Mindset to Your Advantage
An edgy case study that exposes how one company got "creative" to improve profitability without having to change their sales team's ingrained cost-plus pricing behaviors.View This Case Study
Ten Signs Your Pricing Strategy Stinks
There are so many factors at play in pricing that it can be difficult to know if your strategy is really effective or not. This simple self-assessment can help determine whether the odds are for or against your pricing strategy.View This Diagnostic
The Negotiation Tactics Cheat Sheet
Study and internalize these descriptions to better understand and identify many of the most common negotiation strategies and tactics your team will likely encounter in the field.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Communicating Value Over Price
Improving Price Realization Through More Effective Value Messaging