Developing Pricing People Into Business Leaders
Talking with Greg Preuer of Cooper Lighting About His Team's Intense, 48-Week Pricing Training Program
Greg Preuer provides insight into the training program that each of his team members must complete --- a training program that not only makes them great pricers, but also prepares them for leadership positions elsewhere in the company. In this interview, you'll learn about:
- Why it might make sense to "grow your own" pricing people rather than hire people with pricing experience.
- How technical pricing skills are just one part of the equation if you want to develop competent business leaders.
- What you should consider and what you should expect when developing your own internal training programs.
- How the proper cadence and sequencing of information can keep trainees interested, engaged, and learning.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding the Top 10 Pricing Mistakes
You're going to make mistakes. But if you can avoid the biggest mistakes, you're definitely rigging the game in your favor. In this on-demand webinar, learn about the top 10 mistakes that other pricing groups have made along the way.View This Webinar
How to Hire Great Pricing People
How do you identify pricing candidates with the raw materials to be most successful? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn the most important attributes you should be looking for when building your team.View This Webinar
Powerhouse Pricing Teams
In B2B, dedicated pricing teams are still a relatively new development. And as such, there are no long-standing rules for how everything should work. In this on-demand webinar, explore the common traits, characteristics, and behaviors of successful pricing teams that have been around longer than most.View This Webinar
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges