Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
An Informative Interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors About How to Identify and Deal With Different Buyers
In the midst of a negotiation, it's all-too-easy to succumb to the fear of losing the deal. In order to win without giving up too much, it's important to understand who---exactly---you're dealing with. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn about:
- The four different types of buyers that you are likely to encounter in the marketplace....or that you're dealing with today.
- The tell-tale signs that each buyer will exhibit that can help you understand who is really sitting on the other side of the table.
- What's actually important to each type of buyer...no matter what they say...and why they're incented to pretend otherwise.
- How to determine when you should walk---or maybe run---away from those so-called "opportunities" that present themselves.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
Simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs. This case study demonstrates how to identify the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.View This Case Study
Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
An educational case study collection exploring seven instances where further investigation revealed that supposed pricing problems weren't really pricing problems after all.View This Case Study
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. In this guide by Elliot Yama, learn the common causes of bad deals and four signs that your deal management process is lacking.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
How To Deal With Inflation
Strategies and Tactics for Effective Pricing in the Face of Rapid Inflation