Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
An Informative Interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors About How to Identify and Deal With Different Buyers
In the midst of a negotiation, it's all-too-easy to succumb to the fear of losing the deal. In order to win without giving up too much, it's important to understand who---exactly---you're dealing with. In this expert interview with Nelson Hyde of Holden Advisors, you will learn about:
- The four different types of buyers that you are likely to encounter in the marketplace....or that you're dealing with today.
- The tell-tale signs that each buyer will exhibit that can help you understand who is really sitting on the other side of the table.
- What's actually important to each type of buyer...no matter what they say...and why they're incented to pretend otherwise.
- How to determine when you should walk---or maybe run---away from those so-called "opportunities" that present themselves.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Creating More Powerful Sales Proposals
An interview with Reuben Swartz about how to create sales proposals that win more business at higher margins.View This Interview
Avoiding Guesswork in Value-Based Pricing
Most value-based pricing initiatives aren't small undertakings--and shouldn't be left to trial and intuition. This guide outlines a proven research process that can get you started.View This Guide
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
Managing Your "Minimum Advertised Price"
Many manufacturers have augmented their channel strategies with MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies. While not a panacea, MAP policies can mitigate many channel control and conflict issues. In this guide, we expose 20 strategies and tactics for more effective MAP policies and programs.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges