Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
Learn About Seven Cases Where Supposed Pricing Problems Weren't Really Pricing Problems After All
Many purported pricing problems aren't really pricing problems at all. But the real root-causes and underlying factors is not always obvious, and the investigations have led some pricing practitioners to unexpected findings. In this seven-part case study collection, you'll learn about:
- The critical role that the underlying price segmentation model can play in identifying real pricing problems.
- How lack of action and diligence in product management can lead to apparent pricing problems in the field.
- Why the conventional wisdom is dead wrong and product costs really do matter when it comes to pricing.
- How in-bound market demand dynamics can be misinterpreted and misread, leading to outcries for lower pricing.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Leverage Big Data & Pricing Science
In this expert interview, Jim Vaughn, the author of a new book called "Stop Racing in a Blindfold," talks about how to combine Big Data and Pricing Science to drive better financial results, at scale, and on a go-forward basis.View This Interview
Seize the Pricing Opportunity Before Others Do
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
Creating accurate cost-to-serve estimates can be more difficult than people anticipate. In this tutorial, learn how to reduce the time and effort required to estimate the indirect costs of serving different customers.View This Tutorial
Are Revenue Management and Pricing Different?
Some practitioners will use the terms "revenue management" and "pricing" interchangeably. In this expert interview, Amit Aggarwal, the Executive Vice President of Revenue Management at iHeartMedia, helps explain the differences and why they matter.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges