Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
Learn About Seven Cases Where Supposed Pricing Problems Weren't Really Pricing Problems After All
Many purported pricing problems aren't really pricing problems at all. But the real root-causes and underlying factors is not always obvious, and the investigations have led some pricing practitioners to unexpected findings. In this seven-part case study collection, you'll learn about:
- The critical role that the underlying price segmentation model can play in identifying real pricing problems.
- How lack of action and diligence in product management can lead to apparent pricing problems in the field.
- Why the conventional wisdom is dead wrong and product costs really do matter when it comes to pricing.
- How in-bound market demand dynamics can be misinterpreted and misread, leading to outcries for lower pricing.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Timing Your Pricing Actions for Success
The timing of your pricing actions can greatly influence how those actions are perceived and received. In this Express Guide, learn how to time your pricing actions to minimize conflict and maximize acceptance.View This Guide
Seize the Pricing Opportunity Before Others Do
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
Avoiding Mistakes in Customer Profitability Management
For most B2B companies, it's important to maximize the value of every customer you get. But customer profitability management is full of land mines that need to be avoided.View This Guide
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges