Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
Learn About Seven Cases Where Supposed Pricing Problems Weren't Really Pricing Problems After All
Many purported pricing problems aren't really pricing problems at all. But the real root-causes and underlying factors is not always obvious, and the investigations have led some pricing practitioners to unexpected findings. In this seven-part case study collection, you'll learn about:
- The critical role that the underlying price segmentation model can play in identifying real pricing problems.
- How lack of action and diligence in product management can lead to apparent pricing problems in the field.
- Why the conventional wisdom is dead wrong and product costs really do matter when it comes to pricing.
- How in-bound market demand dynamics can be misinterpreted and misread, leading to outcries for lower pricing.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
Six Price Optimization Misconceptions Exposed
Price optimization can provide a significant competitive advantage for the companies that have adopted it. This guide explores the mistaken beliefs that could be costing you sales & margin dollars.View This Guide
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
Generating Cost-to-Serve Automagically
Creating accurate cost-to-serve estimates can be more difficult than people anticipate. In this tutorial, learn how to reduce the time and effort required to estimate the indirect costs of serving different customers.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Developing Pricing Leaders
Proven Approaches for Effective Leadership Development and Succession Planning