Exploring the Root-Causes of Pricing Problems
Learn About Seven Cases Where Supposed Pricing Problems Weren't Really Pricing Problems After All
Many purported pricing problems aren't really pricing problems at all. But the real root-causes and underlying factors is not always obvious, and the investigations have led some pricing practitioners to unexpected findings. In this seven-part case study collection, you'll learn about:
- The critical role that the underlying price segmentation model can play in identifying real pricing problems.
- How lack of action and diligence in product management can lead to apparent pricing problems in the field.
- Why the conventional wisdom is dead wrong and product costs really do matter when it comes to pricing.
- How in-bound market demand dynamics can be misinterpreted and misread, leading to outcries for lower pricing.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exposing the Power of Price Elasticity in B2B
Price elasticity is incredibly underutilized and often misunderstood. Barrett Thompson explains the nature of price elasticity in B2B and how you can use it to set better prices with far less risk.View This Interview
The Price Segmentation Self-Assessment
Simply answer the questions in this self-assessment (objectively) to gauge the likely quality, accuracy, and efficacy of your price segmentation model. You can assess overall quality, as well as pinpoint specific opportunities for improvement.View This Tool
Using Pricing Analysis to Drive More Growth
Pricing analysis capabilities are usually only focused on pricing. But pricing isn't the only thing the analytical processes and underlying data can be used for. In this on-demand webinar, you will learn how answering other powerful questions can increase your impact and internal profile.View This Webinar
How to Price Big Deals
Big deals generate a lot of internal pressure and it's easy to ignore the huge pitfalls of winning "badly." In this session, we explore a triangulated pricing approach to ensure profitability, mitigate risk, and avoid future regret.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges