How to Fight a Price War
Survival Strategies for the Margin-Killing Battles That No One Really Wins
It's generally recognized that no one actually "wins" a price war. As everyone's profits take a massive hit, it's a Pyrrhic victory at best---even for the low-cost producer. And while buyers may benefit in the short term, over the long haul, destructive price wars aren't in their best interests, either. But in B2B, price wars certainly aren't "declared" and they rarely happen all at once. In fact, you could be engaging in the seemingly insignificant skirmishes that can lead to an all-out war right now...and not even know it. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How a price war takes shape in B2B environments---where they start, how they escalate, and why they're so difficult to recognize.
- Five insights and perspectives on price competition that help you recognize when you're fighting a "mirage" or a battle that really isn't.
- The seven proactive steps pricing leaders must take to prevent a war wherever possible, while also preparing to defend against attacks.
- Strategies and tactics for handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Step-by-Step Marketing Research for Strategic Pricing
In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to conduct marketing research---the only reliable way to gain the meaningful and actionable insights you need for effective strategic pricing.View This Tutorial
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
Finding Your Path Toward Pricing Improvement
An insightful conversation with Andre Weber of Simon-Kucher & Partners about pricing improvement in B2B.View This Interview
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges