How to Fight a Price War
Survival Strategies for the Margin-Killing Battles That No One Really Wins
It's generally recognized that no one actually "wins" a price war. As everyone's profits take a massive hit, it's a Pyrrhic victory at best---even for the low-cost producer. And while buyers may benefit in the short term, over the long haul, destructive price wars aren't in their best interests, either. But in B2B, price wars certainly aren't "declared" and they rarely happen all at once. In fact, you could be engaging in the seemingly insignificant skirmishes that can lead to an all-out war right now...and not even know it. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How a price war takes shape in B2B environments---where they start, how they escalate, and why they're so difficult to recognize.
- Five insights and perspectives on price competition that help you recognize when you're fighting a "mirage" or a battle that really isn't.
- The seven proactive steps pricing leaders must take to prevent a war wherever possible, while also preparing to defend against attacks.
- Strategies and tactics for handling "dumb" competitors, de-escalating provocative situations, and winning without actually fighting.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Six Price Optimization Misconceptions Exposed
Price optimization can provide a significant competitive advantage for the companies that have adopted it. This guide explores the mistaken beliefs that could be costing you sales & margin dollars.View This Guide
Do European Companies Really Price Better?
In this informative interview, Per Sjofors, the founder and CEO of Atenga, defends his bold assertion that European companies lead US companies in the development of pricing capabilities and processes.View This Interview
Step-by-Step Competitive Analysis for Strategic Pricing
How to use competitive analysis to identify actionable opportunities to gain strategic advantage, expose competitive gaps, provide differentiation beyond price, and reduce the pressure to discount.View This Tutorial
The Triangulated Competitive Audit Guide
The Triangulated Competitive Audit Guide provides you with a full reference list of the strategic questions you'll want to ask to gain a deeper understanding of your competitors and their motivations.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges