How to Avoid Pricing Panic
Responding Rationally to Dramatic Changes in Market Conditions and Rapid Cost Fluctuations
When the "stuff" hits the fan in the marketplace, some companies will throw rationality out the window, overreact in the interest of "just doing something", and ultimately make the situation worse. Other companies, however, will put their head in the sand and ignore the realities of the situation until the mounting losses force their hand. So, how do you avoid these extremes? How should you respond when something disruptive happens in your market? And how do you better prepare for the next disruption? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How leading groups use "Structured DefCons" to ensure more thoughtful and timely responses to changes in the market.
- How to achieve a balance between moving quickly to mitigate damage, while not making things worse through overreaction.
- A number of steps and actions that other teams have found to be effective at various stages of unanticipated disruptions.
- How to maintain the proper perspective and provide a much-needed sense of stability in the face of adversity and chaos.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Leverage Big Data & Pricing Science
In this expert interview, Jim Vaughn, the author of a new book called "Stop Racing in a Blindfold," talks about how to combine Big Data and Pricing Science to drive better financial results, at scale, and on a go-forward basis.View This Interview
Delivering Answers to the Point of Sale
While the promise of data-driven decisions in sales is compelling, it’s rarely realistic. This tutorial reveals a more effective approach for getting salespeople to use data and analytics to make better pricing decisions.View This Tutorial
Effective Pricing Through the Product Lifecycle
This on-demand training seminar explores the conventional wisdom around lifecycle pricing, highlights some major flaws, and reveals what leading pricing groups are doing differently to price effectively throughout the product lifecycle.View This Webinar
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges