How to Avoid Pricing Panic
Responding Rationally to Dramatic Changes in Market Conditions and Rapid Cost Fluctuations
When the "stuff" hits the fan in the marketplace, some companies will throw rationality out the window, overreact in the interest of "just doing something", and ultimately make the situation worse. Other companies, however, will put their head in the sand and ignore the realities of the situation until the mounting losses force their hand. So, how do you avoid these extremes? How should you respond when something disruptive happens in your market? And how do you better prepare for the next disruption? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- How leading groups use "Structured DefCons" to ensure more thoughtful and timely responses to changes in the market.
- How to achieve a balance between moving quickly to mitigate damage, while not making things worse through overreaction.
- A number of steps and actions that other teams have found to be effective at various stages of unanticipated disruptions.
- How to maintain the proper perspective and provide a much-needed sense of stability in the face of adversity and chaos.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Developing Pricing People Into Business Leaders
How do you develop great pricers and prepare them for other leadership positions in the company? In this interview, Greg Preuer discusses his team's intense, 48-week pricing training program.View This Interview
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
Spotlight on the B2B Pricing Organization
This report, based on our PricingPulse research, shines more light on the composition, perspectives, and priorities of dedicated pricing groups in leading B2B companies.View This Research
Pricing Tech Utilization: Users Vs. Laggards
Based on an in-depth PricingPulse research study, this briefing exposes the critical differences between the companies who are currently using pricing technology, and those who are not.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges