Five Steps Toward Understanding Salespeople
How to Influence Salespeople by Getting in Their Heads and Learning What Makes Them Tick
A big part of pricing is influencing and motivating salespeople to price and discount more effectively. If this doesn't happen, all your hard work can go right down the drain as deals are being done in the field. But how do you effectively influence and motivate salespeople? In this tutorial you'll learn about:
- Why it's important to understand how salespeople are wired and what makes them tick.
- How thinking that salespeople are just motivated by money can backfire big time.
- Five simple steps you can take to better understand their perspectives and situation.
- Tricks to building rapport and positive influence with the sales team.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting the Most Out of Price Segmentation
The process of building or improving a price segmentation model can seem like a daunting task. In this on-demand training seminar, we discuss best practices and straightforward techniques for improving the quality and accuracy of your price segmentation model.View This Webinar
Revamping Sales Comp to Improve Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the pros and cons of various approaches for infusing pricing performance into your sales compensation plan to reduce unnecessary discounting and boost profitability.View This Webinar
Suffering from a Costly Case of Sticker Shock
In B2B environments where discounting is habitual, it's easy to think that your list prices don't really matter all that much. But before you conclude that list prices are inconsequential in your business, consider this case of a B2B reseller who just couldn't see what they were missing.View This Case Study
Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
It's dangerous to assume that the pricing principles are the same whether the buyer is an individual consumer or a business. This guide explains five important differences between B2B and B2C pricing and how you can use them to your advantage.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges