Four Ways to Be More Strategic in Pricing
Understanding Four Areas of Focus That Can Help You Become a Much More Strategic Pricing Professional
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. But to generate significant results---and give your career a lift---it's imperative that you focus more attention on the strategic aspects of the pricing function. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The two bad things that can happen when you're stuck in daily fire-fights, maintenance tasks, and tactical activities.
- What the definition of "strategic pricing" really is and why it's so easy to misunderstand the function and get it wrong.
- Four areas of focus that can help you improve your business' financial performance---and your own career prospects.
- The three important "gotchas" you need to watch out for when making a change to be more strategically focused.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Tackling Sales Comp to Drive Pricing Excellence
In this expert interview, Bob Vezeau, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at WestRock, discusses his experiences redesigning the company's sales compensation platform to better align with pricing excellence.View This Interview
Proving the Value of the Pricing Function
Executives understand the value of functions like sales, marketing, and finance---but pricing often has to justify their very existence, over and over again. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to demonstrate the results and metrics that can earn you a seat at the big table.View This Webinar
Assessing Your Pricing Capabilities
While you might think your pricing capabilities are pretty good, how do you really know? How can you tell? In this on-demand webinar, learn how to leverage "3 P" assessments to figure out where you're at and where you need to improve.View This Webinar
Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
A conversation with veteran pricing professional Lydia DiLiello about working more effectively with executive management.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges