Four Ways to Be More Strategic in Pricing
Understanding Four Areas of Focus That Can Help You Become a Much More Strategic Pricing Professional
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. But to generate significant results---and give your career a lift---it's imperative that you focus more attention on the strategic aspects of the pricing function. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The two bad things that can happen when you're stuck in daily fire-fights, maintenance tasks, and tactical activities.
- What the definition of "strategic pricing" really is and why it's so easy to misunderstand the function and get it wrong.
- Four areas of focus that can help you improve your business' financial performance---and your own career prospects.
- The three important "gotchas" you need to watch out for when making a change to be more strategically focused.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
More Effective Cross-Functional Pricing
Pricing in a B2B environment is cross-functional by nature. In this on-demand webinar, learn about improving overall pricing performance by working more effectively with other groups and departments.View This Webinar
Comparing Pricing Budgets and Resources
How do you know if your company is investing enough resources in pricing? In this research briefing, learn how your investments in pricing stack up to other companies in the PricingBrew community.View This Research
Crucial B2B Pricing Concepts
Pricing in a B2B environment is very different from pricing in consumer or retail settings. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about 12 ways B2B pricing is unique and 6 core pricing concepts that every B2B pricing person needs to understand inside and out.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges