Four Ways to Be More Strategic in Pricing
Understanding Four Areas of Focus That Can Help You Become a Much More Strategic Pricing Professional
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. But to generate significant results---and give your career a lift---it's imperative that you focus more attention on the strategic aspects of the pricing function. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The two bad things that can happen when you're stuck in daily fire-fights, maintenance tasks, and tactical activities.
- What the definition of "strategic pricing" really is and why it's so easy to misunderstand the function and get it wrong.
- Four areas of focus that can help you improve your business' financial performance---and your own career prospects.
- The three important "gotchas" you need to watch out for when making a change to be more strategically focused.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
It's dangerous to assume that the pricing principles are the same whether the buyer is an individual consumer or a business. This guide explains five important differences between B2B and B2C pricing and how you can use them to your advantage.View This Guide
How to Advance Your Career in B2B Pricing
In this day and age, you can’t just expect things to happen, you have to make things happen. This tutorial explains eight different "plays" to effectively manage and advance your career in pricing.View This Tutorial
Boosting the Pricing Team's Influence
How can a B2B pricing team improve results when they don't control all the cooks in the kitchen? How can they be heard when others don't have to listen? In this session, learn the science of influence and persuasion.View This Webinar
Breaking Out of Your Pricing "Box"
Effective pricing in B2B often requires coordination between marketing, sales, product management, and even accounting. This on-demand training session exposes how to influence the other departments that can make or break your pricing efforts.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges