Four Ways to Be More Strategic in Pricing
Understanding Four Areas of Focus That Can Help You Become a Much More Strategic Pricing Professional
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. But to generate significant results---and give your career a lift---it's imperative that you focus more attention on the strategic aspects of the pricing function. In this guide, you'll learn:
- The two bad things that can happen when you're stuck in daily fire-fights, maintenance tasks, and tactical activities.
- What the definition of "strategic pricing" really is and why it's so easy to misunderstand the function and get it wrong.
- Four areas of focus that can help you improve your business' financial performance---and your own career prospects.
- The three important "gotchas" you need to watch out for when making a change to be more strategically focused.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exploring the Future of the Pricing Profession
Pricing is a specialized function and it can be difficult to get a read on the health and status of where the field is headed. Kevin Mitchell of the Professional Pricing Association provides his perspectives on the state of the pricing profession.View This Interview
Assessing Your Pricing Capabilities
While you might think your pricing capabilities are pretty good, how do you really know? How can you tell? In this on-demand webinar, learn how to leverage "3 P" assessments to figure out where you're at and where you need to improve.View This Webinar
When to Choose Profit, Revenue, or Both
As pricing people in B2B, we all have to deal with the "corporate schizophrenia" around revenue versus profit. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, we discuss how pricing teams can best deal with this oftentimes frustrating dynamic.View This Interview
Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
In B2B, the most costly pricing negotiations often take place within the confines of our own organizations. In this guide, you'll learn the top 10 strategies for negotiating better pricing outcomes with others inside your company.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges