Diagnosing Pricing Problems
How to Identify the Real Root-Causes Behind Pricing Performance Issues
When companies stop at a default diagnosis of, “Something’s wrong with the pricing,” they never identify and fix the true root-causes of the issues. Instead, they erode their margins further trying to “fix” the symptoms through price reductions, larger discounts, or worse. And thus begins a downward spiral as pricing “fixes” lead to more pricing “issues”…which then lead to even more “fixes”…that cause even more serious “issues.” On and on, the symptoms get worse and the real problem is never corrected. In this subscriber-only training webinar, you will learn about:
- Why pricing is such an effective scapegoat for the various issues and problems a B2B company may encounter along the way.
- The most common...yet, often unrecognized...root-causes that are ultimately responsible for many pricing "symptoms."
- An incredibly straightforward diagnostic technique you can get in the habit of using to avoid jumping to simplistic conclusions.
- Numerous real-world examples of seemingly obvious pricing problems that were really just symptoms of problems elsewhere.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
We wanted to better understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain skills in negotiation. Explore what we learned in this Research Brief, complete with helpful charts and analysis.View This Research
Closing the Skills Gap in Sales Negotiations
In this Expert Interview, Jason Levinson discusses the latest methods and innovations in negotiation training for salespeople. Closing the negotiation skills gap is not a hard as you might think!View This Interview
How to Tackle Trade Tariffs
In this insightful conversation, Sean Arnold helps us sort through the issues and understand our options when addressing the latest addition to our list of pricing challenges: trade tariffs.View This Interview
Building a Pricing Center of Excellence
Experts have long argued that centralized pricing is the ideal model for driving performance improvement. But these days, companies are finding success taking a different approach---the Pricing Center of Excellence.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges