Diagnosing Pricing Problems
How to Identify the Real Root-Causes Behind Pricing Performance Issues
When companies stop at a default diagnosis of, “Something’s wrong with the pricing,” they never identify and fix the true root-causes of the issues. Instead, they erode their margins further trying to “fix” the symptoms through price reductions, larger discounts, or worse. And thus begins a downward spiral as pricing “fixes” lead to more pricing “issues”…which then lead to even more “fixes”…that cause even more serious “issues.” On and on, the symptoms get worse and the real problem is never corrected. In this subscriber-only training webinar, you will learn about:
- Why pricing is such an effective scapegoat for the various issues and problems a B2B company may encounter along the way.
- The most common...yet, often unrecognized...root-causes that are ultimately responsible for many pricing "symptoms."
- An incredibly straightforward diagnostic technique you can get in the habit of using to avoid jumping to simplistic conclusions.
- Numerous real-world examples of seemingly obvious pricing problems that were really just symptoms of problems elsewhere.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Survival Strategies for Raising Prices
In this on-demand training seminar, learn why some B2B companies struggle with price increases while others are able to do it with far less pain and angst. What are leading companies doing differently to execute price increases with far less risk, conflict, and uncertainty?View This Webinar
How Does Your Pricing Department Compare?
Ever wonder how your pricing department stacks up to others? This PricingPulse research briefing explores the size, experience, challenges, and priorities of B2B pricing organizations.View This Research
Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
In B2B, the most costly pricing negotiations often take place within the confines of our own organizations. In this guide, you'll learn the top 10 strategies for negotiating better pricing outcomes with others inside your company.View This Guide
Timing Your Pricing Actions for Success
The timing of your pricing actions can greatly influence how those actions are perceived and received. In this Express Guide, learn how to time your pricing actions to minimize conflict and maximize acceptance.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Making Pricing More Responsive
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Pricing Responsiveness and Agility