Getting Control of Discounting
How to Enable a More Disciplined and Deliberate Approach to Discounting
In B2B markets, negotiated discounts tend to be the norm rather than the exception. Unfortunately, this common practice can become a massive source of unexpected margin erosion when there's little rhyme or reason behind the price concessions. So how do we gain more control over discounting in the field? How do we make sure that the discounts are truly appropriate and warranted? And how do we do it all without alienating the sales team? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Adopting a more productive perspective on the role of discounting in the pricing process.
- The foundational structures that help ensure discount levels are relevant and market aligned.
- The performance metrics and incentives that reinforce consistent application over time.
- How to navigate the organizational dynamics and minimize internal conflict and strife.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
There's More to Profit Than Price
For many pricing teams, expanding their perspectives from "pricing" to "profitability" is the key to maximizing effectiveness. In this on-demand training session, we expose and explore five of the other powerful growth levers that really matter in B2B environments.View This Webinar
Creating & Managing a Pricing Governance Team
Pricing is often the culmination of many decisions made by many different groups across the company. In this guide, learn to embrace the inter-connected nature of pricing in a B2B environment by giving stakeholders a voice.View This Guide
Identifying and Eliminating Over-Discounting
Jared Wiesel of Revenue Analytics discusses his work helping mid-market companies combat over-discounting in the field.View This Interview
How to Avoid Pricing Panic
How should you respond when something disruptive happens in your market? How do you avoid overreaction? How do you balance speedy action with smart action? And how do you prepare for the next disruption?View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Price Promotions in B2B
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Using Promo Pricing To Boost Sales Volume