How to Hire Great Pricing People
Getting the Right People in the Right Places to Generate the Results You Want
While the pricing practice has certainly grown, it's still very difficult to find people who already possess the exact skillsets your pricing team needs. So, how do you identify the candidates with the raw materials to be most successful? How do you ensure that you're putting the right people in the right places? What should you be thinking about as you expand and develop your pricing team? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- The 7 most important attributes you should be looking for, regardless of the specific pricing role or function.
- The pros and cons associated with hiring internal candidates or bringing people in from outside your company.
- The 3 technical pricing concepts that are huge differentiators for any candidate you might be considering.
- A variety of strategies and tactics for getting beyond the resumes to assess candidates' real capabilities.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Leverage Big Data & Pricing Science
In this expert interview, Jim Vaughn, the author of a new book called "Stop Racing in a Blindfold," talks about how to combine Big Data and Pricing Science to drive better financial results, at scale, and on a go-forward basis.View This Interview
Exposing the Secrets of Price Negotiation
How do you protect your margins when your sellers are so outmatched? How do you keep them from falling for every trick in the book? And what does your pricing team need to know to provide another layer of protection?View This Webinar
Timing Your Pricing Actions for Success
The timing of your pricing actions can greatly influence how those actions are perceived and received. In this Express Guide, learn how to time your pricing actions to minimize conflict and maximize acceptance.View This Guide
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges