How Strict Pricing Enforcement Killed a Product
A Cautionary Tale from the Real-World About the Perils of Enforcing Ridiculous Pricing Policies
To many, strict enforcement of pricing policies seems like a great idea. But when those policies are lacking, enforcement can be disastrous. In this hilarious case study, you'll learn about:
- Why an engineering degree does not automatically qualify someone as a pricing expert.
- Why basic pricing models that look good on paper are rarely effective in the marketplace.
- How and why discounting in the field can be a good thing when different segments exist.
- The many lessons that can be learned from someone else’s multi-million-dollar mistakes.
This case study is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Powerhouse Pricing Teams
In B2B, dedicated pricing teams are still a relatively new development. And as such, there are no long-standing rules for how everything should work. In this on-demand webinar, explore the common traits, characteristics, and behaviors of successful pricing teams that have been around longer than most.View This Webinar
Getting to the Right Number
In this Expert Interview, Walter Paczkowski shares his perspectives on the challenges and opportunities he's identified in his work using advanced quantitative techniques to set better prices.View This Interview
Exposing the Truth About Value-Based Pricing
In this Expert Interview, Stephan Liozu discusses what it really means to practice value-based pricing in a B2B environment. And here's a hint --- there's a lot more to it than many would have us believe!View This Interview
Building a Better Bid Desk
Large bids and quotes can have huge impacts on everything from revenue and profit to capacity utilization and strategic positioning. In this on-demand training session, learn strategies and tactics for improving the effectiveness of your bid desk.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this case study as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges