How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
Strategies and Tactics for Dealing with Competitors' Price Moves and Discounting Behaviors
Faced with hyper-competition and an uncertain economy, it's tempting to want to "meet or beat" your competitors at every turn. And you'll certainly get no objections from your salespeople should you decide to match those "competitive offers" your customers are so generously willing to share. But how should you respond to competitive pricing pressure? How should you answer their price moves? And how should you react to their purported discounting behaviors in the field? In this on-demand training webinar, you will learn about:
- The true role that pricing plays in most B2B buyers' purchasing decisions and vendor selection processes.
- Why visibility into your competitors' pricing may not be the best way to determine how you stack up.
- Strategic steps you can take to reduce discounting pressure well before the deals are even on the table.
- The variety of ways customers will use your competitors against you...and how to respond effectively.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pros & Cons of Different Pricing Locations
To help guide your decision about where to locate a dedicated Pricing function in your business, we've compiled this reference table outlining four typical locations, the rationale for each location, as well as the top pros and cons that have been reported.View This Tool
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
Proving the Value of the Pricing Function
Executives understand the value of functions like sales, marketing, and finance---but pricing often has to justify their very existence, over and over again. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to demonstrate the results and metrics that can earn you a seat at the big table.View This Webinar
Fighting Over-Discounting in the Field
Over-discounting in the field is a frustrating reality for most B2B pricing teams. So, how do you prevent it from happening? In this Expert Interview, Chaz Napoli shares the strategies and tactics he's found to be effective through hundreds of customer engagements.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges