How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
Strategies and Tactics for Dealing with Competitors' Price Moves and Discounting Behaviors
Faced with hyper-competition and an uncertain economy, it's tempting to want to "meet or beat" your competitors at every turn. And you'll certainly get no objections from your salespeople should you decide to match those "competitive offers" your customers are so generously willing to share. But how should you respond to competitive pricing pressure? How should you answer their price moves? And how should you react to their purported discounting behaviors in the field? In this on-demand training webinar, you will learn about:
- The true role that pricing plays in most B2B buyers' purchasing decisions and vendor selection processes.
- Why visibility into your competitors' pricing may not be the best way to determine how you stack up.
- Strategic steps you can take to reduce discounting pressure well before the deals are even on the table.
- The variety of ways customers will use your competitors against you...and how to respond effectively.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting Your Salespeople to Price Better
Chances are, the behavior of your salespeople will ultimately determine whether your pricing strategies are effective or not. In this on-demand training seminar, learn proven approaches and strategies for getting your sales team to price and discount far more effectively.View This Webinar
Three Core Pricing Skills That No One Talks About
For many B2B companies, increasing knowledge around pricing is a priority. But this education regularly ignores skills that are critically important. In this guide, learn about three areas that are often overlooked.View This Guide
A Modern Approach for Fixing a Costly Profit Leak
We recently went through a virtual negotiation training program that can help close the massive skills gap between buyers and sellers. In this research brief, we share our impressions and recommendations.View This Research
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges