How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
Strategies and Tactics for Dealing with Competitors' Price Moves and Discounting Behaviors
Faced with hyper-competition and an uncertain economy, it's tempting to want to "meet or beat" your competitors at every turn. And you'll certainly get no objections from your salespeople should you decide to match those "competitive offers" your customers are so generously willing to share. But how should you respond to competitive pricing pressure? How should you answer their price moves? And how should you react to their purported discounting behaviors in the field? In this on-demand training webinar, you will learn about:
- The true role that pricing plays in most B2B buyers' purchasing decisions and vendor selection processes.
- Why visibility into your competitors' pricing may not be the best way to determine how you stack up.
- Strategic steps you can take to reduce discounting pressure well before the deals are even on the table.
- The variety of ways customers will use your competitors against you...and how to respond effectively.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pricing Through Uncertainty
As pricing pros, we're expected to make weighty decisions with imperfect information. How do we "illuminate" the landscape a bit? What steps can we take to reduce the ambiguity, uncertainty, and risk?View This Webinar
The Anatomy of a Successful B2B Pricing Analyst
What key competencies are most important for a B2B pricing analyst to have? This guide covers PricingBrew Network research into the 21 most important attributes, skills, and capabilities for B2B pricing analysts to develop or possess.View This Guide
Essential Pricing Functions
While there's only one pricing title on the business card, there are actually many different "jobs within the job." And it isn't easy to do the right jobs, at the right times, and in the right ways.View This Webinar
Earning Pricing a Seat At the Table
In this session, learn about bridging the gap between just executing the plans that are handed down to actually having a hand in developing those plans.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Making Pricing More Responsive
Strategies and Tactics for Boosting Pricing Responsiveness and Agility