How to Combat Competitive Pricing Pressure
Strategies and Tactics for Dealing with Competitors' Price Moves and Discounting Behaviors
Faced with hyper-competition and an uncertain economy, it's tempting to want to "meet or beat" your competitors at every turn. And you'll certainly get no objections from your salespeople should you decide to match those "competitive offers" your customers are so generously willing to share. But how should you respond to competitive pricing pressure? How should you answer their price moves? And how should you react to their purported discounting behaviors in the field? In this on-demand training webinar, you will learn about:
- The true role that pricing plays in most B2B buyers' purchasing decisions and vendor selection processes.
- Why visibility into your competitors' pricing may not be the best way to determine how you stack up.
- Strategic steps you can take to reduce discounting pressure well before the deals are even on the table.
- The variety of ways customers will use your competitors against you...and how to respond effectively.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Answering Three Questions to Enable Change
In this guide, learn a more effective approach for championing new solutions in B2B environments.View This Guide
Proving the Value of the Pricing Function
Executives understand the value of functions like sales, marketing, and finance---but pricing often has to justify their very existence, over and over again. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to demonstrate the results and metrics that can earn you a seat at the big table.View This Webinar
Leveraging Price Testing
What do you need to know about the state of price testing in B2B environments? Which methods are best? And more importantly, how can you leverage these powerful concepts in your situation?View This Webinar
How a "Top Salesperson" Gutted a Pricing Initiative
It's important to get Sales on-board when pursuing a pricing technology initiative, right? But how important is it, really? In this case study, learn to avoid the mistakes one company made when implementing a new pricing technology.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Getting Control of Discounting
Enabling a More Disciplined & Deliberate Approach to Discounting