Embracing the Embedded Pricing Organization
Mark Burton Talks to PricingBrew About the Next Evolution of the Pricing Department
Mark Burton, co-author of the book, "Pricing with Confidence: 10 Ways to Stop Leaving Money on the Table," talks to us about what he's sees as the next evolution: The embedded pricing organization. In this expert interview, you will learn:
- How the embedded pricing organization differs from traditional pricing department structures and operations.
- What this approach may ultimately mean for pricing professionals, their skills, and the trajectory of their careers.
- Why this approach can reduce conflict, increase relevance, and ultimately produce more meaningful results.
- How and why the concept of pricing-focused benefit measurement will necessarily need to evolve along the way, too.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Managing Successful Pricing Projects
Bringing new pricing initiatives to fruition in established B2B companies is rarely a cakewalk. So, how do we manage our pricing projects to maximize our odds of success and minimize the chance of failure?View This Webinar
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
Pricing for Customer Lifetime Value
In B2B, retaining good customers over time is essential for survival. That's why Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) has become such an important metric. So what do B2B pricers really need to understand about CLV?View This Webinar
Reducing the Friction Between Sales & Pricing
Some amount of "friction" between Sales and Pricing is expected. Too much, however, is counter-productive. In this on-demand session, we discuss dozens of ways to address seven root-causes of friction and conflict between the Sales and Pricing functions.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Communicating Value Over Price
Improving Price Realization Through More Effective Value Messaging