Embracing the Embedded Pricing Organization
Mark Burton of Holden Advisors Talks to PricingBrew About the Next Evolution of the Pricing Department
Mark Burton, the co-founder of Holden Advisors and co-author of the book, "Pricing with Confidence: 10 Ways to Stop Leaving Money on the Table," talks to us about what he's sees as the next evolution: The embedded pricing organization. In this expert interview, you will learn:
- How the embedded pricing organization differs from traditional pricing department structures and operations.
- What this approach may ultimately mean for pricing professionals, their skills, and the trajectory of their careers.
- Why this approach can reduce conflict, increase relevance, and ultimately produce more meaningful results.
- How and why the concept of pricing-focused benefit measurement will necessarily need to evolve along the way, too.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Proving the Value of the Pricing Function
Executives understand the value of functions like sales, marketing, and finance---but pricing often has to justify their very existence, over and over again. In this recorded training seminar, learn how to demonstrate the results and metrics that can earn you a seat at the big table.View This Webinar
The B2B Pricing Capability Self-Assessment
To help identify areas for improvement and help gauge the competitiveness of your company's strategic and tactical pricing capabilities, simply answer the 52 questions in this straightforward self-assessment as truthfully and objectively as possible.View This Tool
The Top "Lessons Learned" by Pricing Leaders
How have pricing leaders become leaders? What can their 20/20 hindsight teach us to streamline our own path? In this on-demand webinar, learn the top lessons gleaned through our research.View This Webinar
Tackling Sales Comp to Drive Pricing Excellence
In this expert interview, Bob Vezeau, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at WestRock, discusses his experiences redesigning the company's sales compensation platform to better align with pricing excellence.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges