Working With “Bad” Pricing Data
How to Make Meaningful Progress with Inaccurate and Incomplete Datasets
When working to become a more data-driven pricing function, data quality is an obvious concern. After all, the saying "garbage in, garbage out" is more than just a clever turn of a phrase; it's actually pretty accurate. But in most commercial operations, there are so many moving parts that getting to a place where we're always working with a perfectly accurate and complete dataset just isn't very realistic. So we've got to figure out how to do the best we can with the data we've got...while minimizing risk and avoiding mistakes. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Working with others to institutionalize better data-handling processes and procedures in your organization.
- Getting beyond conventional wisdom to embrace more productive and realistic perspectives on data accuracy.
- The ins and outs of setting up a dedicated and relatively "clean" data repository for pricing purposes.
- A variety of strategies and tactics for data cleansing, transformation, setting proper expectations, and so on.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting Beyond Pricing to Make a Real Impact
To be effective in B2B pricing, you have to be able influence all of the different functional groups involved. This guide exposes how to influence the upstream decisions that can ultimately make or break your pricing efforts.View This Guide
Seize the Pricing Opportunity Before Others Do
In this conversation with David Bauders, the Founder and President of Strategic Pricing Associates (SPA), you'll glean insights and tips from his experiences working with hundreds of distributors and manufacturers.View This Interview
How Does Your Pricing Department Compare?
Ever wonder how your pricing department stacks up to others? This PricingPulse research briefing explores the size, experience, challenges, and priorities of B2B pricing organizations.View This Research
Managing Multichannel Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about market mapping, MAP policies, and other tactics and tips for minimizing the potential for channel conflict, reputational damage, and margin erosion.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Price Promotions in B2B
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Using Promo Pricing To Boost Sales Volume