How to Price Big Deals
Balancing the Risks and Opportunities When Pricing Large Bids and Contracts
With big deals and large contracts, pricing practitioners often find themselves thrust into a virtual pressure cooker. The magnitude of these deals draws much more internal attention and scrutiny. And everyone can be so focused on the potential upsides that they're blinded to the strategic and financial risks. So, how do you balance these pressures? How do you put your best foot forward price-wise, while ensuring profitability, mitigating risk, and avoiding future regret and finger-pointing? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Strategies and tactics for dealing with the internal baloney that will surely come your way.
- Cutting through the haze of each "totally unique situation" to find relevant comparables.
- The sneaky (but effective) negotiation strategies you should watch out for and guard against.
- Developing "deal envelopes" to provide last-mile flexibility while protecting profitability.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Negotiation Tactics Cheat Sheet
Study and internalize these descriptions to better understand and identify many of the most common negotiation strategies and tactics your team will likely encounter in the field.View This Tool
How to Tackle Trade Tariffs
In this insightful conversation, Sean Arnold helps us sort through the issues and understand our options when addressing the latest addition to our list of pricing challenges: trade tariffs.View This Interview
How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
We wanted to better understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain skills in negotiation. Explore what we learned in this Research Brief, complete with helpful charts and analysis.View This Research
Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a prime target. But the relatively simple effort of getting your own house in order can have a positive influence on pricing outcomes.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Price Promotions in B2B
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Using Promo Pricing To Boost Sales Volume