How to Price Big Deals
Balancing the Risks and Opportunities When Pricing Large Bids and Contracts
With big deals and large contracts, pricing practitioners often find themselves thrust into a virtual pressure cooker. The magnitude of these deals draws much more internal attention and scrutiny. And everyone can be so focused on the potential upsides that they're blinded to the strategic and financial risks. So, how do you balance these pressures? How do you put your best foot forward price-wise, while ensuring profitability, mitigating risk, and avoiding future regret and finger-pointing? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Strategies and tactics for dealing with the internal baloney that will surely come your way.
- Cutting through the haze of each "totally unique situation" to find relevant comparables.
- The sneaky (but effective) negotiation strategies you should watch out for and guard against.
- Developing "deal envelopes" to provide last-mile flexibility while protecting profitability.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding Guesswork in Value-Based Pricing
Most value-based pricing initiatives aren't small undertakings--and shouldn't be left to trial and intuition. This guide outlines a proven research process that can get you started.View This Guide
Dealing with Price Exceptions
For many teams, their exception-handling processes are a significant and ongoing source of frustration and inefficiency. So how should you go about improving these critical processes?View This Webinar
The Fundamentals of Value-Based Pricing
Value-based pricing is like any other business practice in that most of the power comes from mastering the fundamentals. In this on-demand webinar, learn the core concepts and essential processes that generate the most bang for the buck.View This Webinar
The Fundamentals of Price Segmentation
In this recorded training seminar, we explain the concept of price segmentation and why it's such a powerful and important tool. We explore the essential process and even walk through a step-by-step exercise, building an example price segmentation model from scratch.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges