How to Price Big Deals
Balancing the Risks and Opportunities When Pricing Large Bids and Contracts
With big deals and large contracts, pricing practitioners often find themselves thrust into a virtual pressure cooker. The magnitude of these deals draws much more internal attention and scrutiny. And everyone can be so focused on the potential upsides that they're blinded to the strategic and financial risks. So, how do you balance these pressures? How do you put your best foot forward price-wise, while ensuring profitability, mitigating risk, and avoiding future regret and finger-pointing? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Strategies and tactics for dealing with the internal baloney that will surely come your way.
- Cutting through the haze of each "totally unique situation" to find relevant comparables.
- The sneaky (but effective) negotiation strategies you should watch out for and guard against.
- Developing "deal envelopes" to provide last-mile flexibility while protecting profitability.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pricing Tech Utilization: Users Vs. Laggards
Based on an in-depth PricingPulse research study, this briefing exposes the critical differences between the companies who are currently using pricing technology, and those who are not.View This Research
Underrated Pricing Technology Evaluation Criteria
This 36-question diagnostic exposes and explains seven areas of pricing technology evaluation and comparison that are underrated, underutilized, and deserving of much greater consideration by prospective buyers.View This Diagnostic
Diagnosing Pricing Problems
When companies stop at a default diagnosis of, “Something’s wrong with the pricing,” they never identify and fix the true root-causes of the issues. In this on-demand webinar, learn how to identify the real root-causes behind pricing performance issues.View This Webinar
Timing Your Pricing Actions for Success
The timing of your pricing actions can greatly influence how those actions are perceived and received. In this Express Guide, learn how to time your pricing actions to minimize conflict and maximize acceptance.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges