How to Price Big Deals
Balancing the Risks and Opportunities When Pricing Large Bids and Contracts
With big deals and large contracts, pricing practitioners often find themselves thrust into a virtual pressure cooker. The magnitude of these deals draws much more internal attention and scrutiny. And everyone can be so focused on the potential upsides that they're blinded to the strategic and financial risks. So, how do you balance these pressures? How do you put your best foot forward price-wise, while ensuring profitability, mitigating risk, and avoiding future regret and finger-pointing? In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- Strategies and tactics for dealing with the internal baloney that will surely come your way.
- Cutting through the haze of each "totally unique situation" to find relevant comparables.
- The sneaky (but effective) negotiation strategies you should watch out for and guard against.
- Developing "deal envelopes" to provide last-mile flexibility while protecting profitability.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Leveraging Price Testing
What do you need to know about the state of price testing in B2B environments? Which methods are best? And more importantly, how can you leverage these powerful concepts in your situation?View This Webinar
Exploring Four Different Types of Buyers
To win a negotiation without giving up too much, it's important to understand who's on the other side of the table. This interview with Nelson Hyde teaches you about four types of buyers --- how to identify them and how to deal with them.View This Interview
Anticipating Competitors' Pricing Moves
Your competitors' pricing actions (and reactions) add even more complexity to pricing. So what can you do to anticipate competitive moves and prevent them from spoiling your pricing efforts?View This Webinar
How Technology Can Pay You & Your Company
A successful pricing technology initiative can do wonders for your company's bottom line as well as the trajectory of your career. In this tutorial, learn the 4 key steps to take and the 5 land mines to avoid.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Communicating Value Over Price
Improving Price Realization Through More Effective Value Messaging