Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
Ten Strategies for Negotiating Better Pricing Outcomes with Other Decision-Makers Inside Your Company
With so many people and groups influencing pricing decisions inside our companies, internal negotiation can often be responsible for a fairly significant portion of price and margin erosion in a business-to-business environment. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How internal pricing discussions and negotiations can destroy margins...with no help from customers or competitors.
- The top ten strategies and practices recommended by the PricingBrew Network of pricing practitioners and consultants.
- The most common reasons for internal disagreement and debate around price levels and customer-specific discounts.
- How to become a master of influence inside your organization and drive better pricing outcomes with far less conflict.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Avoiding Five Margin-Killing MarCom Mistakes
A guide to common marketing communication mistakes that reduce your perceived value and pricing power.View This Guide
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
The Anatomy of a Successful B2B Pricing Analyst
What key competencies are most important for a B2B pricing analyst to have? This guide covers PricingBrew Network research into the 21 most important attributes, skills, and capabilities for B2B pricing analysts to develop or possess.View This Guide
Driving Strategic Decisions with Pricing Analytics
Most often, pricing analytics are only used to evaluate specific deals, identify pricing outliers, and measure price performance over time. But in the right hands, armed with the right questions, pricing analytics can serve a much more strategic purpose.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges