Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
Ten Strategies for Negotiating Better Pricing Outcomes with Other Decision-Makers Inside Your Company
With so many people and groups influencing pricing decisions inside our companies, internal negotiation can often be responsible for a fairly significant portion of price and margin erosion in a business-to-business environment. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How internal pricing discussions and negotiations can destroy margins...with no help from customers or competitors.
- The top ten strategies and practices recommended by the PricingBrew Network of pricing practitioners and consultants.
- The most common reasons for internal disagreement and debate around price levels and customer-specific discounts.
- How to become a master of influence inside your organization and drive better pricing outcomes with far less conflict.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Managing Your "Minimum Advertised Price"
Many manufacturers have augmented their channel strategies with MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies. While not a panacea, MAP policies can mitigate many channel control and conflict issues. In this guide, we expose 20 strategies and tactics for more effective MAP policies and programs.View This Guide
Marketing Pricing Initiatives for Success
Pricing initiatives often require buy-in from multiple departments just to get off the ground. In this on-demand training seminar, learn the essential marketing process for securing and maintaining internal buy-in and support for your pricing projects and initiatives.View This Webinar
How to Structure Pricing Functions
The structure of your pricing function can have major ramifications for years to come. In this on-demand webinar, learn effective approaches and considerations for structuring your pricing organization.View This Webinar
Avoiding Guesswork in Value-Based Pricing
Most value-based pricing initiatives aren't small undertakings--and shouldn't be left to trial and intuition. This guide outlines a proven research process that can get you started.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges