Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
Ten Strategies for Negotiating Better Pricing Outcomes with Other Decision-Makers Inside Your Company
With so many people and groups influencing pricing decisions inside our companies, internal negotiation can often be responsible for a fairly significant portion of price and margin erosion in a business-to-business environment. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How internal pricing discussions and negotiations can destroy margins...with no help from customers or competitors.
- The top ten strategies and practices recommended by the PricingBrew Network of pricing practitioners and consultants.
- The most common reasons for internal disagreement and debate around price levels and customer-specific discounts.
- How to become a master of influence inside your organization and drive better pricing outcomes with far less conflict.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Revamping Sales Comp to Improve Pricing
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the pros and cons of various approaches for infusing pricing performance into your sales compensation plan to reduce unnecessary discounting and boost profitability.View This Webinar
Three Types of Buyers That Don't Buy on Price
Research says that 60-70% of buyers aren't price buyers---lower your price for them and you just give margin away. Learn how to identify the types of buyers where additional discounts won't help you win the business.View This Diagnostic
Closing the Costliest Pricing Capability Gaps
In this session, we explore three pricing capability gaps that are still all-too-common considering their detrimental effects on pricing performance and highlight steps you can take to close the gaps once and for all.View This Webinar
From Tactical to Strategic Pricing
Some teams are so mired in tactical grunt work and daily firefights that they never make progress on strategic pursuits. How have other pricing teams transitioned into more strategic functions? What steps did they take?View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges