Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
Ten Strategies for Negotiating Better Pricing Outcomes with Other Decision-Makers Inside Your Company
With so many people and groups influencing pricing decisions inside our companies, internal negotiation can often be responsible for a fairly significant portion of price and margin erosion in a business-to-business environment. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How internal pricing discussions and negotiations can destroy margins...with no help from customers or competitors.
- The top ten strategies and practices recommended by the PricingBrew Network of pricing practitioners and consultants.
- The most common reasons for internal disagreement and debate around price levels and customer-specific discounts.
- How to become a master of influence inside your organization and drive better pricing outcomes with far less conflict.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
A conversation with veteran pricing professional Lydia DiLiello about working more effectively with executive management.View This Interview
The Pricing Practitioner's Primer on B2B Sales
To be most effective in B2B environments, pricing professionals need to learn as much as they can about their sales function. In this on-demand webinar, learn more about aspects of sales people and processes that can affect pricing performance.View This Webinar
Understanding How B2B Pricing Is Different
It's dangerous to assume that the pricing principles are the same whether the buyer is an individual consumer or a business. This guide explains five important differences between B2B and B2C pricing and how you can use them to your advantage.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges