Influencing Internal Pricing Negotiations
Ten Strategies for Negotiating Better Pricing Outcomes with Other Decision-Makers Inside Your Company
With so many people and groups influencing pricing decisions inside our companies, internal negotiation can often be responsible for a fairly significant portion of price and margin erosion in a business-to-business environment. In this guide, you'll learn:
- How internal pricing discussions and negotiations can destroy margins...with no help from customers or competitors.
- The top ten strategies and practices recommended by the PricingBrew Network of pricing practitioners and consultants.
- The most common reasons for internal disagreement and debate around price levels and customer-specific discounts.
- How to become a master of influence inside your organization and drive better pricing outcomes with far less conflict.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Are They a Price Buyer or a Poker Player?
It's easy to assume that when a buyer says they need a lower price, they really mean it. But making the wrong assumption can be very costly. Nelson Hyde explains how to tell when a buyer is bluffing.View This Interview
5 Pricing Trends You Can't Afford to Ignore
From our unique vantage point, we've identified a number of larger trends that pricing teams need to be prepared for. In this on-demand webinar, we explore five of these trends and discuss the implications and ramifications.View This Webinar
Selling Value More Confidently in Seven Steps
To sell effectively, salespeople need confidence in themselves and the value of their offerings. In this tutorial, you will learn 7 straightforward steps you can take to give sales the confidence they need.View This Tutorial
How Does Your Pricing Department Compare?
Ever wonder how your pricing department stacks up to others? This PricingPulse research briefing explores the size, experience, challenges, and priorities of B2B pricing organizations.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges