Leveraging Peer Pressure to Improve Pricing
An Effective Game Plan for Motivating Your Sales Team To Close More Deals at Their Target Prices
Who wants to be the pricing police? Playing bad cop all of the time can make an already-difficult job just that much more tedious and stressful. But what if there was a way to get salespeople to police themselves? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- Key insights into salespeople’s behavior that lay the foundation for a “system of influence”.
- Infusing basic peer-pressure into the pricing guidance you’re providing your sales team.
- Turning better pricing into a competitive game—one that salespeople will hate to lose.
- How to use public recognition as a way to crank your “system of influence” up to eleven.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Pricing Psychology in B2B
While businesses do indeed have systems and policies to ensure greater rationality and consideration in purchasing, certain psychological factors can still have tremendous influence over price perceptions.View This Webinar
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
Building A Center Of Excellence Around Pricing
For many companies, the Pricing Center of Excellence model is finding favor over centralized pricing teams. This guide exposes the critical differences and steps to getting started with this popular model in your own organization.View This Guide
Timing Your Pricing Actions for Success
The timing of your pricing actions can greatly influence how those actions are perceived and received. In this Express Guide, learn how to time your pricing actions to minimize conflict and maximize acceptance.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges