Leveraging Peer Pressure to Improve Pricing
An Effective Game Plan for Motivating Your Sales Team To Close More Deals at Their Target Prices
Who wants to be the pricing police? Playing bad cop all of the time can make an already-difficult job just that much more tedious and stressful. But what if there was a way to get salespeople to police themselves? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- Key insights into salespeople’s behavior that lay the foundation for a “system of influence”.
- Infusing basic peer-pressure into the pricing guidance you’re providing your sales team.
- Turning better pricing into a competitive game—one that salespeople will hate to lose.
- How to use public recognition as a way to crank your “system of influence” up to eleven.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Explain Price Segmentation to Others
As powerful as it is, price segmentation can sometimes be difficult for people outside of pricing to understand. This tutorial simplifies the concepts so that just about anyone can understand this important and foundational concept.View This Tutorial
Leveraging the Power of Price Segmentation
In this Expert Interview, Paul Parsons discusses his experiences helping a number of distributors and manufacturers leverage the power of segmentation to boost their margins and profits.View This Interview
Profitable Pricing Enablement
In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about the new "best practice" of leveraging data and technology to distribute pricing authority and control, without sacrificing improved pricing performance.View This Webinar
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges