Leveraging Peer Pressure to Improve Pricing
An Effective Game Plan for Motivating Your Sales Team To Close More Deals at Their Target Prices
Who wants to be the pricing police? Playing bad cop all of the time can make an already-difficult job just that much more tedious and stressful. But what if there was a way to get salespeople to police themselves? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- Key insights into salespeople’s behavior that lay the foundation for a “system of influence”.
- Infusing basic peer-pressure into the pricing guidance you’re providing your sales team.
- Turning better pricing into a competitive game—one that salespeople will hate to lose.
- How to use public recognition as a way to crank your “system of influence” up to eleven.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Building A Center Of Excellence Around Pricing
For many companies, the Pricing Center of Excellence model is finding favor over centralized pricing teams. This guide exposes the critical differences and steps to getting started with this popular model in your own organization.View This Guide
How to Defend Your Prices
In B2B environments, you're sometimes facing a battle on two fronts: With customers and prospects, and with others inside your own company. In this on-demand webinar, learn about effective strategies and tactics for defending your prices internally and externally.View This Webinar
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
How a "Top Salesperson" Gutted a Pricing Initiative
It's important to get Sales on-board when pursuing a pricing technology initiative, right? But how important is it, really? In this case study, learn to avoid the mistakes one company made when implementing a new pricing technology.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges