Leveraging Peer Pressure to Improve Pricing
An Effective Game Plan for Motivating Your Sales Team To Close More Deals at Their Target Prices
Who wants to be the pricing police? Playing bad cop all of the time can make an already-difficult job just that much more tedious and stressful. But what if there was a way to get salespeople to police themselves? In this tutorial, you will learn about:
- Key insights into salespeople’s behavior that lay the foundation for a “system of influence”.
- Infusing basic peer-pressure into the pricing guidance you’re providing your sales team.
- Turning better pricing into a competitive game—one that salespeople will hate to lose.
- How to use public recognition as a way to crank your “system of influence” up to eleven.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Using The "Measurement Effect" to Improve Margins
When it comes to finding problems or failings with pricing and discounting, the sales department is a prime target. But the relatively simple effort of getting your own house in order can have a positive influence on pricing outcomes.View This Tutorial
Pros & Cons of Different Pricing Locations
To help guide your decision about where to locate a dedicated Pricing function in your business, we've compiled this reference table outlining four typical locations, the rationale for each location, as well as the top pros and cons that have been reported.View This Tool
Visual Aids for Explaining Price Segmentation
Use this example visual presentation to inspire and aid your efforts in explaining the concepts of price segmentation to others inside your organization.View This Tool
Getting the Top Job in B2B Pricing
How do you become a Vice President of Pricing at a multi-billion dollar B2B company? A great first step is to get some advice from someone like Dick Braun, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at Parker Hannifin.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges