Creating & Managing a Pricing Governance Team
Embrace the Inter-Connected Nature of Pricing in a B2B Environment by Giving Stakeholders a Voice
In B2B, pricing is often the culmination of a bunch of decisions, made by a bunch of different groups across the company...for better or worse. One solution that's gaining popularity for coordinating these groups is the creation of a pricing governance team. In this guide, you'll learn:
- What a pricing governance team is and why this type of organization structure can be so effective.
- What a the governance team is responsible for...and, just as importantly, what they're not responsible for.
- The four key steps to follow in order to build a pricing governance team in your own organization.
- The three-part structure that can help you effectively manage a productive pricing governance process.
This guide is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Identifying the Right Unit of Value for Pricing
Simple pricing structures can hurt revenues and profits when they fail to align customer value and costs. This case study demonstrates how to identify the right "unit of value" for both pricing and costing purposes.View This Case Study
Working With the C-Suite to Improve Pricing
A conversation with veteran pricing professional Lydia DiLiello about working more effectively with executive management.View This Interview
From Tactical to Strategic Pricing
Some teams are so mired in tactical grunt work and daily firefights that they never make progress on strategic pursuits. How have other pricing teams transitioned into more strategic functions? What steps did they take?View This Webinar
The Price Segmentation Self-Assessment
Simply answer the questions in this self-assessment (objectively) to gauge the likely quality, accuracy, and efficacy of your price segmentation model. You can assess overall quality, as well as pinpoint specific opportunities for improvement.View This Tool
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this guide as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges