How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
Exploring the Results of a MindBrew PulsePoll on Negotiation Training for Sales Teams
Through our PulsePoll research, we wanted to understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain these critical negotiation skills. As you review the results and read our observations, please keep in mind that our audience is skewed toward the leading edge of the best-practices spectrum. (In other words, these findings may paint a more optimistic picture of what's happening, relative to the general B2B environment.) Here's what you'll learn in this Research Brief:
- What proportion of B2B sales teams are receiving formal training in negotiation?
- What are the reported differences in negotiation skills and levels of competency?
- Why might some companies be blind to deficiencies in the area of negotiation?
- Is there an opportunity for significant improvement lurking behind the findings?
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Exposing the Secrets of Price Negotiation
How do you protect your margins when your sellers are so outmatched? How do you keep them from falling for every trick in the book? And what does your pricing team need to know to provide another layer of protection?View This Webinar
The Marketing Research Interview Guide
Categories and sample questions for developing effective marketing research interview guides. A robust and well-rounded interview guide can be constructed by just developing one question in each category.View This Tool
"Better" Practices for Pricing Improvement
That lofty place of "best practice" can sometimes seem very far away. Fortunately, pricing has so much power that amazing results can be generated by just getting "better." In this webinar, learn how to adapt best practices in less than ideal situations.View This Webinar
Two Paths Toward Pricing Improvement
More B2B companies than ever before are taking steps to improve their pricing. But they aren't all going about it in the same ways...or achieving the same results. In this special report, we characterize the two primary paths that are being taken and expose the critical differences.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges