How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
Exploring the Results of a MindBrew PulsePoll on Negotiation Training for Sales Teams
Through our PulsePoll research, we wanted to understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain these critical negotiation skills. As you review the results and read our observations, please keep in mind that our audience is skewed toward the leading edge of the best-practices spectrum. (In other words, these findings may paint a more optimistic picture of what's happening, relative to the general B2B environment.) Here's what you'll learn in this Research Brief:
- What proportion of B2B sales teams are receiving formal training in negotiation?
- What are the reported differences in negotiation skills and levels of competency?
- Why might some companies be blind to deficiencies in the area of negotiation?
- Is there an opportunity for significant improvement lurking behind the findings?
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Getting the Top Job in B2B Pricing
How do you become a Vice President of Pricing at a multi-billion dollar B2B company? A great first step is to get some advice from someone like Dick Braun, the Vice President of Strategic Pricing at Parker Hannifin.View This Interview
Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. In this guide by Elliot Yama, learn the common causes of bad deals and four signs that your deal management process is lacking.View This Guide
Survival Strategies for Raising Prices
In this on-demand training seminar, learn why some B2B companies struggle with price increases while others are able to do it with far less pain and angst. What are leading companies doing differently to execute price increases with far less risk, conflict, and uncertainty?View This Webinar
Effective Internal Marketing for Pricing Initiatives
Pricing initiatives don't happen overnight and organizational support can wane over time. Without some thoughtful planning, initiatives can end-up fading into the background. Learn the approaches two companies used to keep support and momentum going.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges