How Many B2B Sales Teams Lack Negotiation Skills?
Exploring the Results of a MindBrew PulsePoll on Negotiation Training for Sales Teams
Through our PulsePoll research, we wanted to understand the extent to which B2B sales teams were taking steps to develop and maintain these critical negotiation skills. As you review the results and read our observations, please keep in mind that our audience is skewed toward the leading edge of the best-practices spectrum. (In other words, these findings may paint a more optimistic picture of what's happening, relative to the general B2B environment.) Here's what you'll learn in this Research Brief:
- What proportion of B2B sales teams are receiving formal training in negotiation?
- What are the reported differences in negotiation skills and levels of competency?
- Why might some companies be blind to deficiencies in the area of negotiation?
- Is there an opportunity for significant improvement lurking behind the findings?
This research is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Tackle Trade Tariffs
In this insightful conversation, Sean Arnold helps us sort through the issues and understand our options when addressing the latest addition to our list of pricing challenges: trade tariffs.View This Interview
How to Crater a Market with Cost-Plus Pricing
For one large manufacturer, cost-plus pricing was tantamount to malpractice. In this case study, learn how the lack of strategic pricing capability reduced the value of an entire market by over $1 billion.View This Case Study
Four Ways to Get More Out of Pricing Analytics
There's no doubt that pricing analytics can be powerful, but it’s not a slam dunk. This guide explains four powerful strategies for producing more meaningful results from your pricing analytics efforts and investments.View This Guide
Assessing Your Pricing Capabilities
While you might think your pricing capabilities are pretty good, how do you really know? How can you tell? In this on-demand webinar, learn how to leverage "3 P" assessments to figure out where you're at and where you need to improve.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this research as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges