Manage Your Customer Mix to Improve Profits
How to Improve Gross Margin Production Without Changing Your Prices or Lowering Your Costs
To improve profit performance, most people naturally assume that you have to raise your prices or lower your costs---preferably doing both at the same time. But your prices and your costs are not the only variables in the equation. In this video guide, you'll learn:
- How and why your customer mix may have even more influence on profits than your pricing.
- Why certain customers are inherently more profitable than others and how to identify them.
- How one company managed their customer mix to improve revenues, profits, and retention.
- A straightforward approach you can use to begin proactively managing your mix with less risk.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
Finding Margin Leaks in Your Sales Processes
Every sale is the result of a process. With any process, the quality of the final product is determined by the raw materials. This diagnostic helps improve pricing results by identifying root causes in your sales processes.View This Diagnostic
How to Get More Aligned With Sales
Taking a purposeful approach toward aligning more closely with the sales team can reap great rewards for pricing results. Learn five straightforward steps toward fostering a better working relationship with integrity.View This Tutorial
Fixing the Causes of Rogue Salespeople
It's all too easy to observe rampant discounting in the field and conclude that "rogue" salespeople are the source of the problem. In this expert interview, Paul Hunt exposes the real problems behind rampant discounting in the field.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges