Manage Your Customer Mix to Improve Profits
How to Improve Gross Margin Production Without Changing Your Prices or Lowering Your Costs
To improve profit performance, most people naturally assume that you have to raise your prices or lower your costs---preferably doing both at the same time. But your prices and your costs are not the only variables in the equation. In this video guide, you'll learn:
- How and why your customer mix may have even more influence on profits than your pricing.
- Why certain customers are inherently more profitable than others and how to identify them.
- How one company managed their customer mix to improve revenues, profits, and retention.
- A straightforward approach you can use to begin proactively managing your mix with less risk.
This tutorial is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
How to Price New Products
In this on-demand webinar, learn about three common types of new products that pricing teams are likely to encounter, and explore the core strategies and processes for dealing with the realities associated with them. Hint: "Best practice" is not always realistic.View This Webinar
Breaking Out of Your Pricing "Box"
Effective pricing in B2B often requires coordination between marketing, sales, product management, and even accounting. This on-demand training session exposes how to influence the other departments that can make or break your pricing efforts.View This Webinar
Boosting ASPs (Average Selling Prices) to Drive Profitability
The use of averages are as common in business as they are in sports. Average selling prices (ASPs), however, can hide a lot of profitable truths. In this case study, Peter Maniscalco reveals how one building materials company dug deeper to find profitable opportunities.View This Case Study
Creating & Managing a Pricing Governance Team
Pricing is often the culmination of many decisions made by many different groups across the company. In this guide, learn to embrace the inter-connected nature of pricing in a B2B environment by giving stakeholders a voice.View This Guide
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this tutorial as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges