Neutralizing the Sales Team’s Excuses
Effectively Addressing the Top "Reasons" Sales Teams Give for Poor Price Execution
When we sidestep the rules or fail to do what's expected of us, it's just human nature to look for explanations beyond what might be perceived as personal shortcomings or self-serving expedience. And when it comes to pricing, a typical sales team can come up with all sorts of rationalizations for ignoring guidance, skirting rules, missing targets, and giving up margin. Sometimes, these reasons are actually legitimate. All too often, however, they're nothing more than excuses or "bushes" to hide behind. In either case, Pricing needs to be able to address them. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- The common "explanations" that get thrown around when price execution is sloppy and guidance is ignored.
- How to tell the difference between a legitimate reason, a symptom of a deeper root-cause, and just a CYA excuse.
- The most effective and diplomatic ways to push back should fingers start pointing in your team's direction.
- Strategies and tactics for anticipating the go-to rationalizations and neutralizing them before they take hold.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Can You Benefit from Better Deal Management?
Horror stories of unprofitable or poorly managed deals seem to be all too common in B2B. In this guide by Elliot Yama, learn the common causes of bad deals and four signs that your deal management process is lacking.View This Guide
Considerations for Pricing Through Channels
How do you get your arms around the various players in the channel and manage the links in the distribution chain? In this interview, we discuss channel pricing with Peter Maniscalco, a Senior Manager of Pricing at a major IT Products and Services company.View This Interview
Developing Better Relationships with the Sales Team
Sales and pricing will rarely see eye to eye. Greg Preuer, Director of Pricing at Cooper Lighting, shares his experiences on how he's been able to work more effectively with the sales team.View This Interview
How to Leverage Big Data & Pricing Science
In this expert interview, Jim Vaughn, the author of a new book called "Stop Racing in a Blindfold," talks about how to combine Big Data and Pricing Science to drive better financial results, at scale, and on a go-forward basis.View This Interview
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Getting Control of Discounting
Enabling a More Disciplined & Deliberate Approach to Discounting