Neutralizing the Sales Team’s Excuses
Effectively Addressing the Top "Reasons" Sales Teams Give for Poor Price Execution
When we sidestep the rules or fail to do what's expected of us, it's just human nature to look for explanations beyond what might be perceived as personal shortcomings or self-serving expedience. And when it comes to pricing, a typical sales team can come up with all sorts of rationalizations for ignoring guidance, skirting rules, missing targets, and giving up margin. Sometimes, these reasons are actually legitimate. All too often, however, they're nothing more than excuses or "bushes" to hide behind. In either case, Pricing needs to be able to address them. In this on-demand webinar, you'll learn about:
- The common "explanations" that get thrown around when price execution is sloppy and guidance is ignored.
- How to tell the difference between a legitimate reason, a symptom of a deeper root-cause, and just a CYA excuse.
- The most effective and diplomatic ways to push back should fingers start pointing in your team's direction.
- Strategies and tactics for anticipating the go-to rationalizations and neutralizing them before they take hold.
This webinar is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Isolating the Impacts of Price, Volume, Cost and Mix
Using this straightforward tool, you can finally put an end to the second guessing and skepticism by isolating and quantifying the contributions of price, volume, cost and mix to period-over-period revenue and margin differences.View This Tool
The Functional Area Cheat Sheet
A quick overview of the common ways different internal groups can have an effect on pricing outcomes and suggestions for how you might be able to diplomatically help them help you.View This Tool
Generating More Sales from Existing Customers
Many B2B companies struggle to identify untapped sales opportunities and maximize revenue from the customers they've already acquired. In this four-part recorded training session, learn what leading sales operations are doing differently to grow share-of-wallet with existing customers.View This Webinar
How Technology Can Pay You & Your Company
A successful pricing technology initiative can do wonders for your company's bottom line as well as the trajectory of your career. In this tutorial, learn the 4 key steps to take and the 5 land mines to avoid.View This Tutorial
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this webinar as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Communicating Value Over Price
Improving Price Realization Through More Effective Value Messaging