Exploring the Future of the Pricing Profession
Kevin Mitchell of the Professional Pricing Association Provides His Perspectives on the State of the Pricing Profession
Because pricing is such a specialized endeavor, it can sometimes be difficult to get a realistic read on the health and status of the field, and your prospects within it. In this conversation with Kevin Mitchell, the President of the Professional Pricing Society (PPS), you'll learn about:
- The history of the pricing profession and how much the field has grown and expanded in just a few decades.
- The underlying business and market dynamics that are fueling the rise of the pricing profession globally.
- Why ongoing education and professional development are critically important in the field of pricing today.
- How new technologies have been a "double-edged sword" in the ongoing quest for more effective pricing.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
Four Ways to Be More Strategic In Pricing
In pricing, it's all too easy to get lost in all of the administrative tasks and tactical activities. This guide outlines four areas of focus that can help you become a much more strategic pricing professional.View This Guide
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
Breaking Out of Your Pricing "Box"
Effective pricing in B2B often requires coordination between marketing, sales, product management, and even accounting. This on-demand training session exposes how to influence the other departments that can make or break your pricing efforts.View This Webinar
Effective Internal Marketing for Pricing Initiatives
Pricing initiatives don't happen overnight and organizational support can wane over time. Without some thoughtful planning, initiatives can end-up fading into the background. Learn the approaches two companies used to keep support and momentum going.View This Case Study
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges