Exploring the Future of the Pricing Profession
Kevin Mitchell of the Professional Pricing Association Provides His Perspectives on the State of the Pricing Profession
Because pricing is such a specialized endeavor, it can sometimes be difficult to get a realistic read on the health and status of the field, and your prospects within it. In this conversation with Kevin Mitchell, the President of the Professional Pricing Society (PPS), you'll learn about:
- The history of the pricing profession and how much the field has grown and expanded in just a few decades.
- The underlying business and market dynamics that are fueling the rise of the pricing profession globally.
- Why ongoing education and professional development are critically important in the field of pricing today.
- How new technologies have been a "double-edged sword" in the ongoing quest for more effective pricing.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Fundamentals of Effective Pricing Analysis
In this on-demand training webinar, we share the fundamental concepts and principles behind effective pricing analysis, expose the critical building blocks that need to be in-place, and walk through a basic pricing analysis example to pull everything together.View This Webinar
When to Choose Profit, Revenue, or Both
As pricing people in B2B, we all have to deal with the "corporate schizophrenia" around revenue versus profit. In this conversation with Lydia DiLiello, we discuss how pricing teams can best deal with this oftentimes frustrating dynamic.View This Interview
How to Structure Pricing Functions
The structure of your pricing function can have major ramifications for years to come. In this on-demand webinar, learn effective approaches and considerations for structuring your pricing organization.View This Webinar
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges
Come Join Our Next Webinar
Price Promotions in B2B
Understanding the Ins and Outs of Using Promo Pricing To Boost Sales Volume