Exploring the Future of the Pricing Profession
Kevin Mitchell of the Professional Pricing Association Provides His Perspectives on the State of the Pricing Profession
Because pricing is such a specialized endeavor, it can sometimes be difficult to get a realistic read on the health and status of the field, and your prospects within it. In this conversation with Kevin Mitchell, the President of the Professional Pricing Society (PPS), you'll learn about:
- The history of the pricing profession and how much the field has grown and expanded in just a few decades.
- The underlying business and market dynamics that are fueling the rise of the pricing profession globally.
- Why ongoing education and professional development are critically important in the field of pricing today.
- How new technologies have been a "double-edged sword" in the ongoing quest for more effective pricing.
This interview is just one of hundreds of educational resources you get access to as a PricingBrew Journal subscriber.
More Subscriber-Only Resources From Our Library
The Right Way to Manage and Enable Change
How do you encourage, enable, and manage organizational change when the deck is stacked against you? In this in-depth interview, Scott McAllister and Suraj Mohandas share the quantifiable benefits of effective change management and expose the essential steps that are required to get it right.View This Interview
Where Should the Pricing Function Be Located?
Should Pricing report directly to the CEO? Should it be located in Sales, Marketing, Product, or Finance? While none of these organizational locations is perfect, through our research, we've been able to identify and document some of the common pros and cons associated with each location.View This Research
Embracing the Embedded Pricing Organization
Mark Burton, co-author of the book, "Pricing with Confidence: 10 Ways to Stop Leaving Money on the Table," talks with us about the next evolution of the pricing department.View This Interview
The Pricing Practitioner's Primer on B2B Sales
To be most effective in B2B environments, pricing professionals need to learn as much as they can about their sales function. In this on-demand webinar, learn more about aspects of sales people and processes that can affect pricing performance.View This Webinar
When you join your peers and become a PricingBrew Journal subscriber, you get immediate access to this interview as well as all of these other features:
- Training WebinarsDozens of on-demand webinars covering crucial pricing topics with new webinars every few weeks
- On-Demand LibraryA searchable library of hundreds of concise guides, tutorials, cases, assessments, and research reports
- Expert InterviewsLearn from others in pricing who’ve “Been There and Done That” through our Expert Interview Series
- Help DeskAsk our team of analysts for advice, insights, and perspectives on your specific pricing challenges